or Connect

Posts by Bill Smith

Who cares? You want to sweat your body weight off in 100+F heat, be my guest. I will be dressing for comfort.
Any over the top luxury flagship luxury sedan christened the Zeppelin is going to lead a short model life. So, will this car explode in New Jersey like the Hindenburg?
My advice, get a business degree, work in fashion retail on the side and be prepared to work like a dog at the other end. I worked for a large Canadian Department store that will remain nameless 15 years ago, the fashion buyers were responsible for a fair chunk of the chain's bottom line, screw up a season and out you go. I was on the hard goods side of the store head office and it was not quite as stressful.
I would look at the Aeron Chair or it's stablemate the Mirra
Quote: Originally Posted by chrome_dout All that $$$ people spent to get really expensive goods, only to be fake and shallow on the inside. I wonder how all the gold diggers out there will fare on their own. I think the the Gold Diggers will be asking, " Would you like the soup or salad with your meal?"
This being my second recession, I remember how the commentators were saying the decadence of the 1980s would never return during the recession of 1991-93, well it came back in spades in the late 1990s. So we are in a new period of austerity, this too shall pass.
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeWoah Boyfriends and husbands are speed bumps, not roadblocks. I like that answer but seriously... When I was in university so many moons ago, it happened to me on a few occasions. Once after a month of flirtation in a poli sci class with one pretty brunette I was left wondering WTF happened after the "I have a boyfriend" answer got dropped. That bit of information stung a bit at the time, like everything,...
Quote: Originally Posted by ccc123 Married (Happily) here; what is a retired swordsman to do, did I mention to my eyes she is a vision to behold, doest seem like a rabbit cooker either(fatal attraction). Do I pass and just be content with the knowledge that I could or.......... To quote the late Paul Newman in reference to his long marriage, "Why would I go out for hamburger when I have steak at home?" Yes this girl may be hot, we'll take...
Quote: Originally Posted by imhotep Girls with daddy issues, which is where most of this stuff comes from, rarely will change unless the the original problem is remedied somehow. but perhaps that's not completely possible once a girl is grown up. Probably the most sensible answer on the whole thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive Tusting Clipper bag. This tusting Bag is on my shopping list.