or Connect

Posts by Bill Smith

Another vote for Big Star, Shuggie Otis
For me double vents all the way on my suit jackets, they make me look good, really good. I find single vent suits are worn by people who just don't care how they look other than to conform to a "professional attire" dress code and they just look frumpy.
Wear the suit, leave the tie at home.
Considering your age and you want a watch that is both dressy and well take the harsh rigors of every day living How about the Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra or the Deville Co-Axil. Other options if your parents balk at the price: Oris Artellier Stowa Antena 365 Muhle Glashutte 29r I too am not much a fan of Cartier for watches.
I would keep it as simple as possible because while all those complications are neat, they will be a bitch to get fixed down the road especially if you are getting into Patek or Blancpain. I would look into: Rolex Submariner Omega Aqua Terra. Glashutte Senator Sixties Jeager Le Coultre Master Grand Taille IWC Pilot UTC If you are on a budget (and we all are these days): Stowa Antena 365 with the chronometer movement Oris Artellier Longines...
I think it's a case of good money chasing after bad. I figure save some money, and get something decent.
My reasons are as follows: 1) Strengh training and endurance: I ski in the winter plus hike and bike in the Summer. Working out reduces injuries and improves endurance and balance. 2) Preventative maintainence: cut down my chances of heart disease, cancer and other chronic lifestyle diseases that creep up on you when you get older and don't take care of yourself. 3) Vanity: I like looking good. People who meet me think I am younger than I am and I want to keep it...
Another vote for the vintage safety razor, brush and shave soap combo. I want to try a straight razor at some point.
If you are out of Toronto and have access to wheels, drive out to Oakville and check out Garvey's, they have a special on particular model of Jack Victor suit at $550. I would go for the navy or charcoal for starters. I second the recommendation on Allen Edmond shoes, they might be out of your price bracket but well looked after, they are an investment that will last for 15 years. BTW, Contgratulations on getting a job as an investment banker, I'm surprised they are...
Recovering WASP Preppie crossed with corporate elite meets Bohemian Bourgoisie.