Posts by Bill Smith

Quote: Originally Posted by a-rock The clothes that fall apart argument is indeed overblown. I'm a washer-dryer guy [the horror!] and have yet to destroy a piece of clothing, even H&M or Gap. It's not good or bad - it is what it is - $30 shirts priced at $89. Just don't spend too much on it. Well said on their philosophy, BR's shirts would be great at $40-50 but at nearly $100 and over here in Canada, I think not. There are other options...
Save for a couple pairs of jeans I picked up last Summer, BR just does not do it for me anymore.
I think Ipods are wonderful little toys especially if you can hook them into your car stereo. When it comes to working out and running, I don't want to be cut off from my surroundings.
Quote: Originally Posted by Taxler I'm the opposite. Running is an opportunity to turn off all the outside noises and listen to the thoughts inside my own head. +1
Nike Air Equalons and they have to be the best fitting running shoe I have ever worn.
My heart bleeds, I am part of that latch key generation called X/Baby busters/13th Generation. I had the wonderful fortune of graduating from University the recession of the early 1990s, so tell me something I don't already know, it was nasty just out of school but we eventually found our way. The only thing I don't envy with the millenials/Gen Y is the fact they will be fighting with their parent's generational cohort (the baby boomers who saw their 401K/ RRSPs...
We just say no to button down collars and french cuffs on the same shirt....it's unnatural.....
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Lilo in 2006. Damn! Wut happened. Going on four years is a long time. The recent photos of Lilo scare me, at first scan I thought she was around my age (early 40s) with some work done. Lohan is a millenial generation's answer to Edie Sedgwick without the silver spoon. The true answer between the above picture and roughly now is life as documented in the tabloids.
For me even at 41 I would choose Manhattan over Nashville, I prefer the big city and I am not a fan of both kinds of music.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mathew J So I have owned both of these pieces in question as well as the Datejust Here are some images of my watches... \\ Personally between only those two I would have to opt for the Sub, it is just a better watch. The Explorer when I bought it was IMHO expensive for what it was, and now I wouldn't even consider it. Plus the Explorer wore small, the lack of a date and the black dial made it look smaller too....