or Connect

Posts by Bill Smith

My Choices: Something Else-Cannonball Adderley Time Out-Dave Brubeck Jazz Impressions of New York-Brubeck The Cat- Jimmy Smith Kind of Blue- Miles Davis (no brainer) Miles Ahead-Miles Davis (one of my dad's favourite MD albums) Porgy and Bess- Miles Davis (another no brainer) 'Round Midnight- Miles Davis Sunday at the Village Vanguard- Bill Evans. John Coltrane and Thelonious Monk Live at Carneghie Hall Dave Brubeck and Jerry Mulligan live in Berlin. and this is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara I maintain that Oscar Peterson's The Trio Live from Chicago (w. Ed Thigpen and Ray Brown) is one of the seminal live jazz albums. Very good call, I also recommend Live at the Stratford Festival and We Take Requests
I am partial to a mid 1960's Omega Seamaster Deville,
Quote: Originally Posted by dave and if you're into the Jamaican soul, this one will get you up. IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of...
Cannonball Adderley's Something Else.
Damn, I am old to remember the Smith's the first time around. Still trying to figure out the large LA Hispanic following for Morrisey though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Parker I have a soft spot for the really boring early 70s sedans. I dig those old '70s sedans, along with the 280 SL Convertible back when MB were built like tanks.
I would also recommend the Stone Roses, Talking Heads and especially The Jam.
Shuggie Otis has to be one of the most under appreciated artists from the '70s had more talent in his baby toe than all current bands and artists today put together. Tragic, he pulled a Brian Wilson with his follow up album, got cut from his label in the mid '70s and fell into obscurity until David Byrne from the Talking Heads re-released Inspiration Information.
Price independent, the Darlingtons for sure. AE makes other Wingtips.