or Connect

Posts by Bill Smith

Big warning sign if the retailer does not offer a warranty or a three day return privilage on the Railmaster. Just because the jeweler is located in a wealthy part of town, does not mean they are honest.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara I keep coming back to oscar. I can't get over the tone, the virtuosity, the sheer happiness that is his playing. Nothing lifts my spirits more than an Oscar track. Please poast if you appreciate this god of jazz. Agreed, I keep kicking myself for not seeing Oscar play live at the Toronto International Jazz Festival, considering we was not a well man, Oscar could still play a mean piano during his last...
Good question, I thought Brooks Brothers would have their first location up in Yorkville. I think at this point they would be a "Destination" retailer. I would come in on the GO train from Oakville to shop on Saturday because I would have more time. If Brooks Brothers down the road if they have success with their retail beach-head and expand to say Bloor-Yorkville, Yorkdale and Sherway Gardens then you will see a dropoff in weekend traffic but they have not been open on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaredg Stopped by the new Brooks Brothers in Toronto, the first in Canada, this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see they had most of this season's Black Fleece suits, shirts etc. All the other Brooks stuff is still there. The price point feels 20% higher than in the states, but its nice to know its there. Staff seem new and not very familiar with the product but are eager to please. You can thank the...
Quote: Originally Posted by dv3 Thanks Bill. You're the exact type of person I was hoping to attract. Mind posting a shot of your Parker 51s, or perhaps a couple of your favorites? Love to but I have not got around to document the collection yet, it's on my to do list. As for Noodlers ink, I have yet to have problems with the ink, I have even Baystate Blue in a beater midnight blue 51 aerometric and it writes really really nice. I...
Congratulations on your aquisition of your Parker 51, it looks to be in great shape. As the proud owner of 16 Parker 51s from early 1940s Vacumatic fillers to Mark III aerometrics, I found Diamine ink to be a really good option. I use their Imperial Blue, Sapphire Blue and Blue Black. I am also partial to Noodlers Midnight Blue for a blue black ink. Enjoy it in good health. Cheers Bill
Go with the power reserve Jazzmaster Viewmatic or the Seiko Spirit from Japan if you are on a budget.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Jennifer is a fine looking lady and tans up nicely due to her Greek blood. She's obviously aging well and has always struck me as someone that probably would not be too hard to have a real relationship with. Joile is just a fucking scary hag now. A crazy, Bobbit menacing hag. However, 15 years ago she was hot and the crazy just added to it, like the insane weekend you spent drunk in Cabo with a girl you just met,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Slopho How much stock should I put in buying shoes that help with over-pronation? If you over pronate, do not cheap out on the shoes, I found my running improved a lot after getting a pair of runners that deal with over-pronation.
Another part of my youth passes away, Thank you Mr. Hughes for capturing what it was like to be suburban teen in 1980's North America and with a cool soundtrack too. I think my favourite teen movies from hime were Ferris Beuller's Day Off, 16 Candles and the Breakfast Club. Of his later work like Planes, Trains and Automobiles and I think Uncle Buck top it for me.