or Connect

Posts by Bill Smith

A quick update, my straight fit Japan Standards are breaking in nicely, much more wearable in the space of a week. I had a hell of time with my pair of Cone Mill broken weave. My belt has just been dispatched so it should be arriving in two weeks going by past experience.
Ran another 9km this morning, a bit slower than yesterday but felt great.
Ran 9 KM today making 25km so far this week.
The princely total of $23 with Ontario HST and the $5 handling fee.
My Japan Standards arrived today, duty and tax free too. It's going to be a treat breaking these in. Which leads me to this question for those already owning a pair of Japan standards, how was the stretch/break in with yours?
I just got my Monetary madras shirt in this morning from Ratio, sat in the Canada Customs wing of the Canada Post Gateway Sorting facility for a week, got dinged $23 in taxes. Aside from that which was out of Ratio's and my control, the shirt is fantastic, well made and I will be buying from them again in the future.
We're about the same size and I went with the 35s, took them about a month to stretch out. I'm glad I went with the 35" waist because I know the 36 would be too loose after break in. Good luck finding a trade.
Courtesy the muggy/humid air sitting over Southern Ontario, I cranked out a tough 7KM run instead of my usual 9km.
Crappy Labour Day Weekend weather.
Anyone have any experience with Kamakura Shirts coming into Canada? I just had one shirt from Ratio clothing sit in the customs wing at Canada Post's Gateway plant in Mississauga for the better part of a week.