or Connect

Posts by Bill Smith

Unless they are hedging their currency, it's going to be murder for a lot of small retailers.
I know I'm generalizing:). I work in marketing communications social strategy, it amazes me how a lot of outdated thinking is still out there.
The big problem is economists, policy wonks and their political masters are under the mistaken assumption that currency devaluation is a quick fix and Canada's manufacturing sector will roar back to life. I don't think that will be the case, manufacturing will never be a jobs driver again because what hasn't been moved offshore has been or will be automated. Two I think Canadian manufacturers have a leadership problem, if the company is only viable with say a Canadian...
Two years ago I ordered a shirt from Ratio and it sat in customs for three weeks at the Canada Post Gateway Plant. I got hit with duty, even thought the shirt was made in the US they declared the textile as not being American made.
I've had more packages dinged for duty and taxes recently too, all non clothing related though. Now in terms of the Canadian dollar, I disagree with the devaluing the Looney to prosperity policy, it hasn't really worked since Stephen Poloz became Governor of the Bank of Canada, I could go on but who really needs a rant here on monetary policy as economic stimulus tool. One thing is for sure my purchasing decisions are changing.
Thanks, I got the NATO strap from Crown and Buckle, they have a great selection.
Recent acquisition, a 30 year old Seiko 6309-7290. Arrived this morning and I switched over to a NATO strap from the OEM silicone/rubber that came on it.
I'm slowly getting back into running again. Ran 5.5KM yesterday, walked 5KM this morning running errands first thing and I'll run another 5.5 tomorrow. So far my left knee is holding up ok and my second spring cold is gone for good.
Guerlain Vetiver today.
Truefitt and Hill 1805 today.