or Connect

Posts by Bill Smith

I'm returning to running soon after a hiatus since the fall courtesy left leg IT Band and nagging runner's knee from last Summer. Spent the winter in the gym lifting and paying extra attention to the legs with squats, Romanian Split deadlifts and lunges to build leg strength. The pain has been gone for months now, should I give say 5K/ 3 mile gentle run a shot in the near future? My game plan is to build slowly if all goes well.
Count me in for a meet up as well. I live in RogerP's neck of the woods.
Picked up a pair of UB222 11oz Stretch selvage in the taper fit today to see what the fuss is about. So far they fit well.
Fit question, I'm an 11 D in Allen Edmonds on their 97 last. I'm interested in a pair of Carmina Plain Toe Bluchers on the Detroit last, what size should I order?
Dealing with the healthcare system on behalf of an aging parent plain sucks. My mom is suffering from wickedly bad arthritis this winter, our GP is a decent guy but I had to put the screws on him metaphorically speaking this morning to get a referral for mom to a rheumatologist because the current course of pain management is nothing more than a narcotic soaked bandaid on the situation. I'm pretty much full time caregiver mode now.
If you're thinking Japanese, I would check out Seiya Japan: http://www.seiyajapan.com , they have a few Seikos in the $500-$800 Cdn range that might work for you.
Today it's L'Occitaine Eau De Beaux.
Geo F. Trumper Astor today.
I'm thankful to work from home, a good friend of mine used to work at CN in their public affairs, lives in Oakville with her husband and commuted to Concord every day on the QEW-403-401-400, that's a rough commute. he works downtown and just hops the GO Train.If I have a meeting in Toronto and it's downtown or Liberty Village, it's GO Train/TTC all the way.
The Canadian dollar getting a shit kicking on currency markets.