or Connect

Posts by ahjota

I have been curious about the handmade option since I noticed it on the IS website. And the MOP buttons! Ahh Will you be able to do smoke MOP?
Noticed the "vyella style" in the pics. If they are like Viyella then yeah, those would be nice. On the 2/3 train.
Though I didn't get them during the recent EFF round, the pair of Southwicks I have had fit tighter than the corresponding Walt. Half a size or so if I had to guess.
It makes sense to me. In climates where I'm actually going to be wearing something like a linen shirt having the extra space is nice for the air flow.
I like my one wide spread BD (in the barley and rye madras fabric from this spring). Mostly due to the casual fabric I wear the shirt sans jacket, but I *really* like how the collar looks under one. I rarely wear sportcoats, but it does make the shirt a bit more versatile to my eye. I'll likely get a few more in dressier fabrics, to go with the normal wide spread collar. I don't wear ties with button downs -- and I rarely wear ties anyway -- so I can't speak to that.
+1 on using a seam ripper for removing darts. If the fabric is delicate, just go slow -- that's been my experience.
What are the details for the Walt short again? Is it literally the Walt trousers, but with a 9" inseam? I see pictures of the Match short that explain it well enough.
So... that Monitaly geometric stripe blazer. When you say small, what do you mean? Slim? Short? And does the similar sweatshirt run true to size?
Love the barley and rye madras -- I had to go upstairs and admire mine after seeing your photo. You've also just sold me on the grey check fabric, as I've been going back and forth on that one. So thanks. Also, what's the difference between the wide spread and the artisan collars?
Can anyone speak to how the Heschungs on the Country last fit compared to, say, Alden Barrie? I wear 9.5D in Barrie if I wear thin socks only but I typically size up to 10D when wearing anything thicker, Also, y'all should fix the link in the FAQ to the How We Measure page. The link points to http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/shop/index.php/how-we-measure While the actual page is at http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/how-we-measure