or Connect

Posts by A Y

No idea. I didn't even know they owned Caribou.Stumptown is also expanding into LA.
According to the WSJ, BB did between $15-20 million in revenue in 2011. No idea what their margins are, but they can't be that high. I'm just surprised that anyone would want to invest in coffee. Maybe $25 million is pocket change to VCs these days. In other news, Peet's is expanding pretty aggressively into Washington DC, including a new flagship cafe.
Yes, you're right. Sorry about that. I don't think the electro-hydraulic system has been used in an actual race.
Camless valves are already used in F1 because springs can't close the valves fast enough at the RPMs F1 engines use --- the valve poppets begin to float out of phase with the piston heads, they collide, and the engine destroys itself. F1's pneumatic valve springs run from an air reservoir that needs to be filled with air before each race. That's not too practical for road use. Ducati's Desmodromic valve system drives the poppets directly with no springs, but is a total...
I really like the 44512, especially as it appears in Despos's picture. Does anyone have experience with or pictures of 44517, which appears to be the blue/grey version of it? I might be giving up on finding a houndstooth suiting for now.
The clip-on tie doesn't have the ease and comfort of these:http://www.amazon.com/Tuxedo-T-shirt-hilarious-funny-gag/dp/B0012GR3MEAnd then afterwards when you're invited to the afterparty, just easily and comfortably change into this:http://www.amazon.com/Tuxedo-Tees-After-Party-T-Shirt/dp/B004NP8UN2
I think they apply sharpening whenever they downsize from the original picture.
Go up 101, and take CA-33 from Ojai, turn right on Lockwood Valley Road, right on Fraser Mountain Park Road, and then you'll end up on the 5. You could go south back to LA, or take the 138 to Mojave to go to Vegas. You will not see another living soul on 33, except maybe for a couple of squids.
Nice to see you back Szeph. I've been shooting film recently ... Fuji GW690III, Fuji Acros 100, Rodinal 1+50: Nikon F3, Nikon 50/1.4 AI, Kodak Portra 400:
I think this is a good point, and a reasonable way to do things.That does bring up another thought about the professional coffee industry and its less than gracious attitude towards its customers ... We have a bunch of hobbyists here who have fairly eclectic tastes (most of us have recommended coffees from light to dark, and a variety of brewing methods depending on the preferences of the drinker), who are knowledgeable and interested, and who have not judged or excluded...