or Connect

Posts by A Y

Thank you! Yes, it's Santa Barbara, where State Street passes under the 101 freeway. Good eye! Have you visited the area? The tree is at Firestone Vineyard, right outside their tasting room.I was at Mammoth this weekend, and the snow was flying sideways! The Olympus E-M1 certainly lived up to its weatherproof spec: the camera was encrusted with frost, and just kept on going.They shut the gondola down, so we had to take a snowcat down the mountain:Another Saul Leiter...
Thanks for the 1st impressions Douglas. The RCA jacks look like board-mounted jacks, which will flex. Just don't use gorilla-grip RCA cables on them (as many audiophile cables are), and you should be OK. I also like the queueing function on the Logitech devices, and one of the 3rd party music iOS apps I have. I wish Apple would add this to their default music player.
One of the best coffees available anywhere ... if you like Peet's dark roasting style.
Yes: any #4 size filter will work, eg. Swiss Gold. That video uses the Able, I believe, which is made for pourover.
A couple of my favorites taken since my last post, both taken at my usual spot. I've also been shooting film, but I don't want to flood the thread with my pics, so I'll wait a bit.
I'm not a big streaming guy, and I had never heard of BlueSound until this thread, so not much help here. I use an old Logitech streamer as well as a 1st gen AppleTV hooked up through S/PDIF into my main system. The Apple controls are great through an iDevice, and the Logitech is OK once you buy a 3rd party app for your iDevice. I use iPeng. No hi-res for me, and the Logitech is useful for listening to radio stations as I find its server too fiddly. Not being able to...
Sonos uses their own protocol over the same frequencies as WiFi. It's what lets them make it easy to use and reliable compared to products using WiFi. Not that WiFi is unreliable, but I'd do some more research if the Crutchfield guy is warning you about it. Sonos is really in their own league when it comes to ease of use and setup.
Peet's Ethiopian Supernatural is available again for the next 3 weeks, either online or in stores.
I was behind a highly tuned Cobb WRX on the track once. He burst into flames and had to pull off to the side. It was rather exciting. No knock against Cobb --- that's what you get for squeezing a tiny turboed engine hard. Most tuner companies, even the moderately large ones, are mom-and-pop shops, with all the baggage that comes with that.
How odd. Maybe the old CCD had residual coffee oils on it that was messing things up? If I'm not lazy, I'll occasionally soak my CCD in an Oxyclean solution. It doesn't get the valve silicone white again, but it does clean up a bunch of things.I saw this Sprudge article today, and got some ideas for tweaking this method further: http://sprudge.com/interview-todd-carmichael-north-east-brewers-cup-champ.htmlHighlights:- He glues (glues!!!) the Bonavita's temperature base to...