or Connect

Posts by A Y

It takes about 5 minutes for my CCD to drain once I pour in about 330 mL of liquid into it. Do you like the results?
I see you all are making idfnl feel welcome. Please continue.
Definitely a preference thing. I think my tastes run relatively rustic and country. I don't mind the S-G shambray, and really like their voile-y not-chambray.
I have an Alumo triple ply, and I do not like it. Nothing wrong with the fabric, but it just feels wrong: too slick and solid, like wearing an unstretchable plastic bag, if that makes any sense. It's like all of the things I don't like about Alumo amplified. Anyway, these things are quite personal, and short of making a shirt and wearing it, I'm not sure you can find out what you'll like. And contrary to other posters here, I love TM Goldline 140s. If I started over...
People don't understand that the leaf spring (yes, there's only 1 on the whole car) in a Corvette is worlds beyond the creaky old things you see under trucks. Wikipedia has a really good article with plenty of good illustrations of the Corvette's leaf spring: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvette_leaf_spring There are very good performance reasons to use a leaf spring with weight savings being its biggest advantage. Maybe OP will next discover that the Chevy V8 uses...
The Z06/Z07 are going to be astounding cars. For me, the most remarkable spec is GM's 5 year/100K powertrain warranty on a drivetrain with “at least” 625 HP and 635 ft-lbs of torque. M5s ate clutches for lunch with 40 percent less horsepower and torque. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I could be happy with an all-GM (all-Chevy!) 2-car garage: Chevy Volt for day-to-day use, and a Corvette Z06 for the fun car.
I got what you were saying. Needles in cars are attached to little servo motors that are controlled by a dedicated computer. The computer can move that needle as quickly as it needs to and to whatever position it wants.
I think that's a myth. Needles have been computer controlled for a while now: a computer drives a motor which turns the needle, and that needle can move as fast as it needs to. The McLaren F1 and sport bikes rev faster than the LF-A and have analog dashes. The digital speed display in my Cayman often lags the needle because the LCD refresh is pretty laggy.
Everyone is going to electronic bitmapped dashboards: no more physical needles. It's all computer graphics on an LCD screen now. These dashes are generally developed by their suppliers like Bosch or Conti, and customized to each manufacturer's needs. The next generation of BMWs will all have these kinds of dashes. The problem, besides reliability, is to keep the design and styling elements focused on driving instead of looking like an early 90s website. The Audi dash...
The Ultimate Self-Drifting Machine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL_enMPWT7s