or Connect

Posts by A Y

The French Press at their original location on State Street.Excellent, spreading the love! I didn't know Birdrock had more of that Yemeni. If anyone wants to try something really special, that Yemeni coffee is it.
I've mentioned this before, but a local 3rd wave shop remade an espresso for me after I didn't drink it for 10 minutes because I ran into a friend and we talked for a while. I didn't even have to ask --- they kind of stealthily took my cup and put another one there.
Ugh. Wilfa uses a hotplate. I can't believe a coffeemaker of that provenance and price would use something like that. Better drink all of it at once, or risk your coffee getting cooked in the carafe. Better is an insulated carafe, but even then don't let it sit around for long.
I remembered thinking (or maybe even posting?) that the project was such a stupid idea. Like Scott says, beans need to rest for a couple of days after roasting. And to expect a random coffee dude to become good at roasting with an all-in-one is like
Maybe the chocolate chips in it were harvested from the Jurassic Park island?
I have the original Able disk (when it was still labeled Coava) with the bigger holes. It's OK, but I'm a fran of clean coffee, so I prefer the Kaffeologie S-filter. @scottcw has said that the finer Able disk has the same pitch as the S-filter. My new favorite routine: go to hipster coffee shop to get their delicious (paleo) scone, and then walk down the block to get real, paleo coffee from Peet's. Last week, the cashier at the hipster placed asked me when I bought the...
Damn. Starbucks is bringing it. http://sprudge.com/starbucks-roastery-tasting-room-seattle.html
Doesn't Chris Despos visit Dallas regularly still? That's only about 250 miles by car.
How much sediment does the Handy brewer let through? If it's pretty clean, I might get one so I don't have to deal with paper filters.
Rusty's is even better than the Starbucks Reserve. I kid you not.