or Connect

Posts by minus

I've heard that it's meant to open Fall 2009. I'm not sure when the Harry rosen and the Brooks Brother's move in, but Holt's is meant to be in place by late this year. I'd like to see Holt expand it's selection when this happens. Maybe I'll start shopping there again when they have something I want. I know, totally insane concept, right?
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness There were 3-4 racks of suits and sport coats marked down by about 60-70%, but it was fairly unimpressive stuff for the price. Armani jacket for $800, Paul Smith for slightly less. Notice the same 2-3 brands keep popping up? Pretty annoying. I find this as well. Same brands, same clothes, same prices. Year in, year out. Maybe it's a prairies thing, but Holt/Harry/Henry stick to the same formula every...
Quote: Originally Posted by PhilB No worries man. I am happy that there are like minded people living in the Calgary/Edmonton area. I am the most stylish of my circle of friends, and dont feel that I am that stylish! I have already learned a lot from the forum. I am planning on checking out the Edmonton gravity pope next time I am up, and found out about a nice tailor shop in Calgary that does custom suits! Welcome. Which shop? Have you...
I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but my eyes have adjusted to Thom-esque proportions so the only problem I can see is how low it appears you are wearing the trousers. Otherwise I think it looks good, but if you are uncomfortable with the general look/fit there's not a lot else to say. Personally, it took me a little while to adjust to the proportions. Now everything else feels like I'm wearing a zoot suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by unjung What's Hanson's? Hanson's Fishing Outfitters; Pendelton shirts and just about anything from the full Filson catalog there. Bags, tin cloth clothing, traditional mackinaws, and pretty much anything else they offer, within a week if it's not in stock. Traditional workwear aplenty. If you're into that kind of stuff, this place is like finding gold in a pan of mud. That's kind of the thing about shopping in...
I think it was pretty damn cool. IMO, it's a distillation of the aesthetic to it's most pure interpretation. Pretty brilliant.
Quote: Originally Posted by jim_n Where is Hansen's in Calgary? Hanson's is in the Grain Exchange Building at 813 1st Street SW. (Sorry, I kept spelling the name wrong) Quote: Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness LOL. You never realize how many pickups are in the province until you leave and realize that only in Alberta are 50%+ of all vehicles pick me ups. Oh lord, so true.
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness O'Connors is brilliant... if you're a millionnaire. I went to high school with the co-owner's son, who now works in their shoe department. He's a good guy, learning to be very knowledgeable with the product. Their yearly sale started this week, if I recall correctly. Never been to Hansen's, but I did drop by Forman's on 1st during Christmas (thanks for the tip Fidel). They had rented some space across the street...
Quote: Originally Posted by RedScarf7 Sam is a tailor at HR and I've always had pleasent experiences with him, and his work had been great. The only problem is they often won't let you bring outside purchases in for tailoring, but there are ways around it.. I usually use Dominic with HR purchases and he's always been great, but outside of HR I've had mediocre experiences. I'm, shall we call it, particular with my tailoring, and sadly outside...
Calgary here as well. Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness From Calgary originally, now living in Edmonton. Unfortunately, since discovering men's fashion, I have realized what a poor move that was. I wouldn't lament over that too much. Calgary lacks any stores I wish to shop in or products I wish to buy, save Alden's from O'Connors or Filson from Hansen's. Otherwise, it's pretty much homogenized dullness. One can hope the Holt and...