or Connect

Posts by minus

Nouvelle Vague. A lot. I have no idea why Frenched-up mambo-ish covers of New Wave songs are really doing it for me right now. Their cover of Grauzone's "Eisbär" IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to...
Quote: Originally Posted by acidicboy That 90210 guy was tapping this?! I'm sorry, but WTF is going on with her nipples?
The idealized Late-Fifties/Early-Sixties and, probably oddly, the mid-1930s. The architecture, design and style of those eras really appeals to me.
I've used Henry for a couple of suits and he's been pretty good. I'm pretty picky, and the fact that I haven't really had any problems speaks volumes. Maybe a bit on the pricey side.
Not so much the songs, but Aphex Twin's videos made me squirm. IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the...
Quote: Originally Posted by 95///M3 I would say that a Gitman Vintage Small is closest to a Thom Browne 1. The measurements of a Gitman S and TB1 are nearly identical with the exception of the waist being .5" wider on the TB and the arm hole being about 1" higher on the TB. Hope this helps. That does. Worth a shot, I guess. I'd prefer just to get more TB, but between the exchange rate and Bergdorf Goodman using FedEx to ship -- honestly,...
Quote: Originally Posted by PinkPantser He and I exchanged glances on the street in Florence last summer (true story, minus any implied romanticism). A very arresting figure, you can't miss him. Is it gauche to take pictures at a trunk show? Gauche? Maybe. Appreciated by those of us who have great interest in seeing all of it but zero chance of being there if you post them? I'd have to say yes.
Extra details? Just so I'm clear, let's say, a size 2 TB would be a Gitman Vintage medium?
How's the fit compared to a standard Thom Browne? The measurements I've seen posted here and there look pretty similar.
A 1. suit - 5000 2. shirt - 500 3. pair of pants - 600 4. pair of shoes/boots - 800 5. pair of socks - 50 6. coat - 3000 7. tie - 300 8. square - 10 9. odd jacket - 1500 0. watch - 4000 a. bag - 800 b. pair of cufflinks - 250 c. t-shirt - 80 d. belt - 200 Please note these are all Canadian prices, and at one point in time our dollar was worth about 3 cents more than a square of single ply toilet paper.