or Connect

Posts by Young Pro

Quote: Originally Posted by taxgenius69 Nice! What's the total cost (if you don't mind)? Fabrics in the book were $1,750 for a 2pc suit, plus an extra $100 for shipping because I'm going to do a fitting. A little more than I had wanted to spend, but figure with the fitting we should get the fit pretty close, and the plain navy will be a wardrobe staple for years.
Great pants - would be all over these if they were flat front.
My first suit from Chan, solid navy 9.5oz from Scabal
Any suggestions for a late lunch / early dinner within walking or short cab ride distance from 52nd/Park tomorrow? I'm going to have about 2 hours to kill between a meeting and catching a flight. Open to any cuisine. Thanks
Finally back in a groove after only running once a week during the summer (brutal hours at work). Ran 7 miles in just under 52 minutes today, and felt pretty good. Probably could've pushed it a bit more, but I'll build back up slowly.
Quote: Originally Posted by poorsod 3) Ask for a fitting. You'll get better results and more consistency. Forgot to mention that, I definitely plan to get a fitting with this, and probably all, garments ordered through Chan. I don't foresee ever requiring the garment on short notice and I'm a notoriously difficult fit, so there's no reason not to get a fitting. I hear what you guys are saying with respect to fabric on the first one, but...
I have made my first appointment to see Patrick on their next visit to Chicago on November 6th. I've read a lot of the threads here on Chan, but wanted to get some advice regarding my first suit commission. I'm rebuilding my suit wardrobe after spending 2 years in business school, and was thinking of either a solid (or semi-solid, like a herringbone, or shadow stripe) navy or charcoal 2B as my first commission (the other will be my second assuming I'm satisfied with the...
12-Team League, 6pt passing TDs, no PPR. I picked second, round chosen in brackets, what do you guys think? I think I reached for Rodgers a bit, but Brady, Brees and Manning were already off the board, and you need a solid QB with 6pt TDs, and the only ones left I felt comfortable with were Rodgers and Rivers. No RB depth, but I only have to start one and Turner should be solid. Happy with my WR corps, with good upside from Hester/Harvin on the bench. QB: Aaron...
Quote: Originally Posted by ComboOrgan Yeah, Duff's seems to be the preference among "wing snobs" in Buffalo, and with good reason. Anchor Bar's wings are good, but I think they are pushing their brand cache by charging $9 for 10 wings. Agreed - they have two outposts in Toronto, easily the best wings in the city (though that's not saying much given the lack of competition).
I paid $135 during an Amazon sale about 6 months ago. Check there, they frequently are discounted, though sometimes only selected sizes and/or colours.