or Connect

Posts by Young Pro

Quote: Originally Posted by frenchy in the states they have the same tax AND they have to pay on top,you missed the point.and if you dont like the canadian system move to the states,i guarantee first $50k bill you get you will run back. This would be interesting if you knew what you were talking about. Federal taxes in the US are way lower than in Canada, and state taxes are almost uniformly lower than Canadian provincial income taxes. In the...
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Foxx Zegna navy blue Microtene rain jacket (has been good for an all-purpose jacket, supposedly regulates temp so you don't get overheated) [can't find any pix online of this jacket/ no camera computer cable with me right now, but it is thigh-length, lightweight, hidden hood and has a few black nappa leather accents on it] Based on the description, I think I just bought this same jacket. I love it as well,...
Quote: Originally Posted by frenchy im in Canada,when i have a pain i go to a doctor (yes i may have to wait awhile,but it will not bankrupt my ass ) and get whatever i need checked/operated for free. For "free" you say? So you think 46% marginal tax rates with very low thresholds (that's in Ontario, even worse in Quebec and the Maritimes) are free? There are a lot of reasonable arguments for universal health care, but pretending it's free...
Quote: Originally Posted by krakatoa Will try to do so over the weekend. that would be much appreciated.
Quote: Originally Posted by krakatoa I had Chan make a suit last year from the first Scabal fabric (751298), and am very pleased. Although it's four season fabric (and I was concerned it might be too heavy for southeast Asia, where I live), I've found the weight of the cloth works well for me, at least indoors. Any chance you could post a pic? Would love to get different shots of the fabric since they can look so different in...
Quote: Originally Posted by DandySF Did you specifically request 120 cloth? I'm leaning a bit more toward 100 since it's a bit sturdier and less prone to wrinkling. I didn't, I actually just requested fabrics in the 9-10oz range from those merchants. If anyone has any insight into the durability of the above fabrics, that would be much appreciated. Didn't mention it before, but also open to other fabric suggestions.
Gents, I'm contemplating a second commission from Chan - a solid / semi-solid in dark grey or charcoal, since my first was a solid navy. I live in Toronto, and am looking for a 3 season suit, so all the fabrics here are 9-10 ounces. Patrick sent me a bunch of pics, if any of you have any experience with them, or just general opinions please share. It's tough getting a feel for the fabrics through pics, so I will only order if I'm very comfortable with whatever fabric I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Odd I/O If you've already ordered a suit from them why do you feel the need to see them in person? They already have your measurements so it shouldn't be a problem ordering over the phone/e-mail. I'm relatively happy with the suit I ordered, but there are still a few tweaks I'd like to make that would be far easier to communicate in person. Also, I find it difficult evaluating fabrics just from pictures, since they...
Quote: Originally Posted by CutandSew I have this feeling that most Torontonians don't care about MTM or bespoke clothing. I think most would be happy with the ready to wear offerings of Harry Rosen or Holt's. I could be wrong, but that's just the sense that I get, with the exception of canadian styleforum members, of course. While that is probably true, I'm hoping there's enough SFers alone who may be interested to fill up a day's worth of...
For all the Canucks out there: Chan recently canceled its scheduled visit to Toronto in July. When I inquired as to the reason, they said they now had no plans to visit Toronto in the foreseeable future until they have received sufficient interest to make it worth a one-day stop. I just had a suit made by Chan in Chicago, but am moving back to Toronto this summer, and would very much like to continue working with Patrick on future commissions. They are far better...