or Connect

Posts by Young Pro

Quote: Originally Posted by gomestar Tate Modern Eat at the River Cafe Borough Market +1 on the Borough market. If you're looking for stuff to take with you and cook, weekends are best. If you're looking for things to eat on the spot, Friday is best. There's also a great little pub right in the market that stocks something like 300 different beers. Tiny little place (seating for 10-12 tops), but has a small patio outside, and everyone else...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Every once in a while, I'll catch a little of his show. I've caught bits and pieces of his show for probably 20 years now. Does anyone find him funny and amusing? Any of his observations insightful or intelligent? Actually, about 20 million listeners a week seem to enjoy him just fine. Is he bombastic and over the top? Of course - name me one successful radio personality who isn't. Doesn't make him...
Quote: Originally Posted by Doxe I had 2 suits made up before the tux. I ordered the suits during the promotions. One charcoal, one navy. Promotions are usually in October and February and again in May. I should probably make a separate thread complete with pics. Overall, I'm very pleased. Especially with the tux. I'll PM you with more details. Please do, sounds like a good experience. Definitely interested to hear more about...
Quote: Originally Posted by Doxe had my own made by Bulloch Tailors on Colborne Lane How was your experience with Bulloch? Was this the first garment you've had made with them? Since Chan cancelled his planned visit to Toronto, I've been looking at other alternatives, and would definitely be interested to hear more about your experience with Bulloch. Feel free to PM me if you don't wish to share details here. Thanks!
Reviving this thread since TTS has apparently opened. I'm just back in TO after a 2-year stint in Chicago. Any SFers members at TTS? Would love to hear reviews, might consider membership if still open.
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanM Chan will be here July 8th. Most unfortunate they decided to cancel - apparently for lack of interest. For anyone posting here who is potentially interested, please email them to register your interest, and maybe we can get them here in December.
Any update on current pants in stock or when the website may be up and running?
nice pants, "slim" pickings for us size 30 wearers though...
Quote: Originally Posted by Professor Chaos Keep in mind that cameras represent absolute colors and contrasts, but the naked eye perceive relative colors and contrasts. I would strongly advise against forming opinions on color, texture, and shine based on pictures (unless you're precisely interested in how it will look on camera, of course). I absolutely agree - I was trying (probably in vein) to find a way to make this work without...
Quote: Originally Posted by frenchy in the states they have the same tax AND they have to pay on top,you missed the point.and if you dont like the canadian system move to the states,i guarantee first $50k bill you get you will run back. This would be interesting if you knew what you were talking about. Federal taxes in the US are way lower than in Canada, and state taxes are almost uniformly lower than Canadian provincial income taxes. In the...