or Connect

Posts by Young Pro

Guys, I'm planning a Nor Cal trip for next April and would appreciate some insights. The focus of the trip will be food, wine and sightseeing. Here's what I know so far: - we'll be arriving late on a Friday night (prob in San Fran) and leaving the following Sunday (8 full days) again from San Fran - would like to spend 4 nights in San Fran (either Friday - Monday or Friday/Saturday and the following Friday Saturday). The reason for this is I was planning to take...
Quote: Originally Posted by chasingred Who else thought this post was about this? Is that the one from the Armoury? Remember seeing it on here sometime recently, refresh my mind as to details.
any other suggestions?
Quote: Originally Posted by bellyhungry See http://www.lodgerfootwear.com/shoes?color=26... Good recs so far, the EGs are awesome, may have to see if they pop up in their Christmas sale, they're a bit out of the price range at full retail.
All, I'm looking to add to my shoe collection and I think a burgundy/oxblood oxford is next on my list (my current collection is listed below). My initial thought was C&J but unless I'm missing something, they don't seem to stock anything in that colour range. I would welcome any specific suggestions you guys have, as well as pics of your own burgundy/oxblood shoes. Currently own: - black C&J weymouth (wholecut) - brown AE park avenue - brown Borrelli split-toe...
Great meal at Globe Bistro last night. It's definitely become one of my go-to spots in the city for consistent food and service. As an added bonus, on Sunday nights, they offer half off their wine list (except the "reserve" section, which are typically $120+). Had a very good Grange Diana Block '07 Pinot Noir for $37.50! Food was good, we sampled a few apps, the gnocchi and the ribeye. Desserts were a definite highlight, including ginger creme brulee and their take...
Quote: Originally Posted by audiophilia Special celebration at George Restaurant last night. Once again, an excellent meal. Tasting menu. Some highlights were the bison, beef tenderloin and foie gras with duck confit. The list is getting even better. Had a 2007 Kistler Pinot. Awesome wine. I think George is my favourite high-end place in the city now that the old Splendido is gone. Consistently great food, great cocktails and a good (not...
8.5 in 1:02:45. Had taken 2 weeks off so trying to get my speed back.
Just ordered the Medium Gray VBC flannels (and a pocket square for fun) this morning around 8am. By 10am, I received a notice that my order had shipped! I'm in Canada, so I shipped them to a relative in the U.S. for fear of customs, etc. but based on the comments here, maybe I'll ship my next order directly to Toronto. Very much looking forward to receiving them. Measurements on the size 46/30 were nearly identical to those of my favourite slim-fitting pair of...
Haven't posted here in a long time. Personal distance best 10.4 miles on Saturday in 1:13, was pretty happy with the time considering I'd never really ventured past 9 miles or so before. Followed that up with ~6.3 miles (10km) on Sunday in 42:21. Hoping to run my first half sometime, though probably not until next spring, since I'm out of town for the last few this season.