or Connect

Posts by Young Pro

Anyone notice any 46/30's anywhere?
Heading to NY on Friday, any recent updates on Incotex/Mabitex stocks at various Daffy's?
also interested in more info
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek Sweet thanks! By egregious do you just say that because EG is expensive or because it'll be 20-30% above NYC prices like l'uomo in montreal? the latter...
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek It pisses me off that we don't have an Edward Green store, or even Edward Green within another store. No longer true, Robert Jones in RBC Plaza downtown sells Edward Green. Not sure about pricing (likely egregious) but at least it's an option.
Thanks for all the help everyone. We decided to stay in SF for the bookend weekends, and Yountville and Healdsburg during the week. It's definitely going to be a foodie trip: we have reservations at The French Laundry, ad hoc, Bottega and Mustard's Grill in the Yountville area and Cyrus in Healdsburg. We're working on wineries to visit in both areas, so any suggestions are welcome. Definitely thinking of going to Joseph Phelps, Hess, Vincent Arroyo and Merry Edwards.
Allen Edmonds has done a lot of work for American politicians and is a proud American company. I would think they would jump at the chance to help out. Their new CEO has posted here from time, might be worth contacting him. Alden might also be worth a try, especially since they already make an orthotic line.
George, without question. They do a tasting menu, and most of the time, will serve you and your gf slightly different versions of every course, so you can effectively taste twice as many. Food and service are great, wine list is good, but they will do pairings as well.
Assuming I didn't want to spend a night in Point Reyes, would I be best staying 2 nights in Healdsburg (Wednesday and Thursday - taking in a few wineries), then driving back to San Fran on Hwy 1 past Point Reyes (maybe stop for lunch at Nick's) on Friday? Alternative, as mentioned above, is stay in Healdsburg Wednesday night, drive down to Carmel Thursday morning, spend the afternoon there, stay one night at Bernadus then drive back North to San Fran on Friday. Thanks...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Carmel is probably not worth two nights unless you have a car and go into Monterey. The best restaurant in that area by far is Marinus, at a lodge in Carmel Valley. The best restaurant in the town itself probably Aubergine. Fandango in Pacific Grove is also good. Stop in Santa Cruz! Marinus is in the Bernadus Lodge. Anyone have any experience there? Looks pretty cool and Jetsetter has a sale on it...