or Connect

Posts by Young Pro

Another sizing question: is the consensus to size down a half or full size? I have no similar boots for comparison, but I wear an 8.5D in AE Park Avenues, a 7.5E in C&J 337 last, and an 8.5 in most American running shoe styles. Unfortunately, tougher to try on in person up in Canada...
Your eyes deceive you, it's 5 bottles of Pappy!To answer your question, we had a Buffalo Trace tasting event up here in Canuckistan and they had Pappy (and the others) available to order for those in attendance. The Pappy was $120 per bottle. I put in for 12 bottles, and originally received 2, but apparently a few people flaked on their orders, so was able to pick up another 3.
just picked this up:
just picked up this haul
Hi Guys, I'm looking to replace some older bootcut jeans of the 7 and Rock and Republic variety with a couple of better made, slightly dressier, straight leg pairs. I'm 29, about 6'1, a natural 30 waist with slim legs. Looking for a straight slim, but definitely not skinny fit in both a medium and darker wash with minimal distressing, whiskering and plain back pocket designs. From some reading around here, I think APC (New Standard or Petit Standard), J Brand (Kane), or...
I've searched around a bit, and can't seem to find a consensus as to the inseam length of their US chinos? I'm 6'1", but a size 30 waist, so hoping these might work as casual/golf pants, since Brooks Brothers only makes 30*34 in their linen/cotton blends, and j crew doesn't stock that size at all. Thanks.
Bought these from Gilt, but they're too big and never got around to returning them in time. Light tan Borrelli Luxury Vintage cap-toe bluchers. Retail, according to Gilt, is $900. Looking to recover what I paid (less shipping), so price is $400 shipped in Canada or the U.S. Willing to ship elsewhere, but would be at cost. These are marked as size 8.5, and Gilt said this was an American sizing, but they are a half to full size too big for me (for reference, I'm an 8.5 in...
For the record, there is no "official" wine pairing option at TFL. However, the sommelier will be happy to help you select wine within a budget and based on your tastes. In doing so, they will pick from glasses and bottles on their list, so there are no smaller 1-2oz pours that are typical of other restaurants that offer pairings. I was there in April, and had the sommelier pick 2 glasses (from their per-glass list) and a dessert wine (my wife was not feeling well so...
Size 46 (30) in: - navy cotton - tan/beige cotton (nothing with a green undertone) - conservative wool fabrics (navy, shades of grey, brown)
Anyone notice any 46/30's anywhere?