or Connect

Posts by stylemeup

Yes, seriously. I don't have a car so I must carry my grocercies home on foot. I feel that I must look like a dork carrying them in plastic bags. Plus, my city started charging 5 cents for every plastic bag now. They also sell nylon (I think its nylon...) grocery bags in the grocery stores, but that too would make me look dorky IMO. And with those bags I would not be able to use for them for the dual purpose of carrying my Uni books also. I can see how the bag in...
I need a new bag to hold books during Uni studies and also groceries. I've read some posts from others on this site who said you don't need lots of books for Uni. I don't know what Uni that gent goes to but where I go to I must constantly be hauling around tons of books. Additionally, I will also haul tons of groceries home in the same bag. Last year I used a nylon bag but it couldn't stand up to all the books and binder I jammed into it. It was constantly...
It's good advice to go to the gym. I had considered that myself prior to deciding in January to lose weight by counting calories. However I've been putting gym membership off because my local gym is a boxing gym with ridiculously high membership fees to me considering that I wouldn't be boxing there (and their fee includes the boxing charges by default), and the only way for me to get a decent deal with them is to sign-up for a whole year. But I also want to move yet...
Quote: Originally Posted by literasyme I would imagine dry cleaning does more long-term damage to cloth than regular washing. As for the shirt you were sold, I agree with other posters that it seems like you were mislead, intentionally or not. Have you contacted the seller to discuss a return? And just out of interest, what's the brand? No, I have not contacted the seller because I wanted to post here first to see if there was something I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by 83glt I gotta be honest... I can't ever recall buying a piece of clothing that did not fade with washing. If anyone knows of a way to prevent clothes from fading as a result of washing, please share. I usually dry clean my clothes instead of washing them in order to prevent them from fading as a result of washing. And also my issue is not that the shirt might fade via normal washing, but rather that it is...
No, the seller did not guarantee the shirt not to fade. However, he also did not disclose that the tag of the shirt specifically says the shirt is equipped with a pigment that guarantees it will fade by design.
No, it's not a joke. Why would you think it is a joke?
I bought a high end shirt on eBAY. When I received it I discovered the tag said: "The color of this garment is created with a pigment process and is meant to fade when washed." Nothing about this was listed in the auction. This pisses me off quite a bit. Why would I want my shirt to fade? That seems like an asinine proposition to me. This shirt also must be washed to clean, and cannot be dry cleaned, so the fading is unavoidable. I feel like I got scammed....
I missed the last meetup because I was caught up with Uni work and hence didn't logon to sf for a while during that time. By the time I read the PM, it was many weeks after the event. But I'm finished studies til September now hence the time/day for this one doesn't matter to me. I don't drink so personally I'd prefer that if it's a bar we go to then it is one that has some decent food to eat; but in worst case scenario I can just drink water and that's it (hopefully...
I would like to buy a good, solid, dark navy blue dress shirt online since I have trouble finding them in my local department stores. Basically I would like to buy a shirt like this, only that doesn't suck: http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-Mens-J-Crew-C...ayphotohosting I would prefer to pay around $100 or less. What are some good online places that have options like this?