or Connect

Posts by stylemeup

Quote: Originally Posted by furo Wow Is anyone else noticing this with their RLPL cable knit cashmere sweaters? Yes, I am. I have also posted such here: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=153
Well, I wore the RLPL Made in China $995 MSRP cashmere sweater for the first time today. Then I noticed two things: it was fuzzy as heck all over. And even worse, it shed like crazy all over my pants, overcoat, and cotton shirt I had on under it. In other words, I'm having the exact same issues as outlined in this thread:http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=153191 A lot of you have said that Made in China is not a factor here...so then, does RLPL...
Quote: Late Victorian, hand engraved, silver calling card holder. That looks cool but where do I buy it from? I think I'd also prefer something that is a bit bigger, vertically, so that it can hold things like my bank card, health card, a credit card etc. Also, I'd like it to be able to open and close.
Around a couple of years ago I bought one of these: http://www.rathernice.co.uk/store/in...d&productId=10 When I first got it, it looked amazing. But now a couple of years later, it looks like crap. There are dark specks and lines all over it, in addition to scratches, and discolored splotches everywhere. It almost looks like mold is growing on it. I need a new card case but I don't want to be bamboozled again into buying something that looks great for...
Quote: Originally Posted by ramuman ^ If it was any reputable debit card and bank you'll have the same protections you would with a CC. I disagree. AFAIK usually, with debit or any type of transaction involving money directly leaving your bank account, you are totally screwed (meaning, have no consumer protections) if you yourself authorized the transaction to go forward in the first place (ie: unless someone stole your card and then...
IMO the OP has a perfectly valid point. Items should be listed accurately, not misrepresented. If they ain't RLPL, then they shouldn't be listed as RLPL. Period. That there are bigger misrepresentations/frauds out there is a moot point. That doesn't mean that people should take a relaxed attitude about lesser misrepresentations/frauds. It is also a perfectly valid point that that's very shady on the the part of RL to ship them in a purple box even though they...
If you are in India then it shouldn't be a surprise that your package didn't arrive yet. You can't expect it to arrive quickly in those circumstances. I bought something shipped from USA to Canada and even though Canadian customs are legit, they held it for a week, and I was told it is standard for them to hold things for up to 2 weeks. Maybe the customs officers of your country are holding it up, and/or lost and/or stole it. In any case, it's not really the...
Quote: Originally Posted by sho'nuff wear a tshirt that says "I ALREADY KNOW I HAVE A NICE HAT" that should fix it Good advice, but that creates another problem because I wear my fedora with my overcoat and I'd look really weird if I wore a tshirt directly under my overcoat. I do usually wear tshirts as undershirts though, but in that configuration no one can see any messages that are on them.
Quote: Originally Posted by modern_leifeng Not at all, unless I find a considerable drop in quality since switching to "made in China", otherwise why does it matter? I don't know much about clothing but my (very lay) opinion/instinct about that is that kids working in the sweatshops in China probably couldn't make the garments anywhere near so well as adults in Italy. In fact, that is one of the reasons why I made this thread. I do not...
I bought a RLPL sweater, for which the MSRP is $995 USD, and I was a bit surprised to learn that it was Made in China rather than Made in Italy like my RLPL shirts are. So, I did a search on the subject and saw the members here vehemently debating each other about if Made in China is worse than Made in Italy or not. There seems to be at least two main, opposing schools of thoughts on this. Due to various members having different opinions, it is hard for me to get ...