or Connect

Posts by stylemeup

Will you ever have enough clothing to satisfy you? I'm making this thread to try and understand if there comes a time when one should stop investing a ton of money into new clothing, and instead be satisfied with the clothing he already has, and use his money for other things instead. What do you think of these matters? Will you always spend a lot of your money on clothing for your entire life? Will you ever stop doing spending a lot of money on clothing? Do...
When I first came to this forum in hopes of learning how to acquire good clothing, I was told that Canada is mostly a wasteland in terms of having any to offer, with the exceptions of Holt Renfrew and Harry Rosen, which offer good clothing at ludicrous prices. Therefore, I don't see how Canadians can be seen as being slower to purchase good clothing considering that they don't have much opportunity to buy any in Canada. Moreover, for those reasons, I find this...
Once I bought a Truzzi 100% linen shirt from a fine member here, but it wrinkles like crazy, I think because it's linen. I was wondering if the red pants would wrinkle like crazy too because they are 48% linen? They look amazing!
Too many people are conflating duties with brokerage/bond-a.k.a. scam charges- that courier companies charge. Do not ever order anything from the US that is sent by any courier company, then you do not get scammed with brokerage charges, period. Demand that the sender ship the item to you by United States Postal Service. If you do not want to pay duties, then only buy things that are made in the USA, and make sure the sender specifies that they are made in the...
I don't like linen because it starts to wrinkle up like crazy and therefore look like crap after about an hour of wear. On the other, silk feels and looks amazing IMO.
The other day I wore a pair of white pants for the first time. I had heard the cliches about how white sucks because all the dirt shows. I thought I will simply be extra vigiliant not to spill things on my white pants and I'd be ok. But I was wrong. Merely walking around caused the pants to acquire obscene stain marks all over the place, starting less than half an hour after I left the house, and getting worse all day long. So I want to know, are white pants totally...
Quote: Originally Posted by onix A small scissor, a paring knife or a pocket knife would do the job fine in 30 seconds. ...presuming I don't inadvertently cut a hole in the pocket or something like that. I'm just a layman, not an artisan. Besides, removing it would give cleaners less to go on; hence I am reluctant to remove it for that reason so as cleaners do not fubar the garment when I take it to them.
I have pair of Mabitex (I think) with a big blue care label sewn into the back pocket, it says "GARMENT OVEO" on it. The problem is that the corners of this label curl up because they occur past where the label is stitched into the material of the pocket. When those corners brush into my leg when I walk, it feels extremely itchy & annoying. What is the solution to this? Would it damage the pocket to have a tailor remove that label? Is there a better...
IMO just buy it and if you don't receive it then file an Item Not Received Claim with Paypal. That will probably get your money back. But if not, then file an Item Not Received chargeback claim with your credit card company. That will almost surely get your money back. Either way, the seller has little chance to get away with scamming you.
There is an inherent problem with your question: some good styles are poorly made and made of crap material. I.e. You will constantly see that be said on this site regarding clothing from H&M. People who vote for brand over style may be voting for that option for that reason, but their votes can be erroneously read as if they were buying solely due to brand name. On the other hand, votes for style no matter what the brand name is would probably not be cast with the...