or Connect

Posts by stylemeup

Maintaining one's integrity is always far more important than pandering to someone for short-term gain. That goes for all professions and for life in general. The tailor mentioned in the OP did well to refuse the request, presuming that his advice is sound.
Now I have a different and better cashmere scarf than the one I was talking about when I made the OP, and a steamer. My new question is: how can I get rid of creases in it without washing it or using a steamer? The "leave the shower on" suggestion never works for me. When I do that, it has no effect on the garments. The steamer removes the creases, but it also removes fibers off of the scarf and onto the steamer head. My dilemma is: either steam the scarf before...
Women do not care what you wear, whether it's good or bad. The only thing they care about is your personality and how much confidence you have in yourself. How you dress is irrelevant.It does suck that dressing well costs a lot of money, yet women don't care. But that's life. What you said in the original post is correct: if you are dressing well for women, you should stop, because that is a waste of your money, time and energy.
I was about to make a thread with the exact same title as this one, but first I did a search to see if anyone else had asked before me, because I too am interested in what sfers think of the thread title's question. I'm surprised that there haven't yet been even more replies in this thread before mine here. Is dandyism not a popular philosophy these days? What do all the rest of you think who haven't chimed in yet? As for me, I would like to be a dandy but I cannot...
Neither of those has been done, has it?With what information has the alleged fraud been confirmed as fraud?Stating it is fraud for sure based on speculation may be misinforming people who are not actually victims, and defaming the seller.I disagree. I've learned from sf when I first joined that eBAY is one of the best places in the world to purchase high quality garments at cheap prices. I've found over the years that that advice has turned out to be accurate. A lot of...
Regarding minors being useless, does that change if the school only offers a minor program in the minor's subject area? In that case, will potential employers consider the minor to be more useful?
How come it is crap then?
IMO RLPL should be an untrusted source of cashmere. I say that based on having bought a RLPL handknit sweater a couple of years go (MSRP $995), which sheds like crazy. Buying that was a huge and shocking waste of my money (thankfully I didn't pay anywhere near retail, but I still am not happy with the wasted money).Another poster on sf reported that a RLPL employee has stated that shedding is a "very common issue" with RLPL cashmere, here's a link to that...
IMO a stranger telling another person to remove the label from his suit is indeed rude. On what basis does the stranger have the superiority that would be necessary to criticize another person? To do so without legitimate superiority over another person, at least in the area for which the criticism applies, is pretentious. Maybe he doesn't know the label is supposed to be removed, or does know but does not want to remove it. In any case, being schooled by a stranger...
I'll never buy any "Made in China" luxury goods again, after buying a RLPL 100% handmade cashmere sweater, MSRP $999 USD (which of course is not anywhere near what I paid for it), that was Made in China. That sweater sheds like crazy. I cannot say for sure that being Made in China is the cause of my sweater being crap, but that is a plausible enough explanation for me to avoid taking further risks with "Made in China" for any non-disposable clothing. Or if other sf...