or Connect

Posts by stylemeup

I don't see why anyone would ever weigh himself with clothes or shoes on - that's dumb IMO. Clothes and shoes are not how much you weigh, so taking them off doesn't make you 'weigh less'. It just make the scale give you your true weight.
I do have to ask. This is actually a very serious problem, and so far I still have no clue on how to solve it.
Quote: Originally Posted by js4design sounds like your bathroom is really really dry. Not sure what that means? How am I supposed to make it 'wet'? And what does that have to do with the phenomenon described in the OP?
I have a big problem in that whenever I break off a sheet of toilet paper, it releases a bunch of white particles that float around in the air in my bathroom. I'd rather not be breathing that crap in. Additionally, whenever I use my steamer to steam clothes, these toilet paper particles all start to glue to the garment I'm steaming like moths to a flame. It's an extremely annoying problem on both counts. I have tried two separate famous name brands of toilet...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive Hmm... The thread about Lobbs in Toronto has devolved into a discussion about outlet malls. Now I understand why no one sells quality English-made shoes in Toronto. If they sold quality English-made shoes in Toronto at reasonable prices, they would sell. The problem isn't with consumers not wanting to be ripped off, rather the problem is with retailers being way too greedy and expecting consumers...
I recommend to buy whatever deodorant you can find that doesn't have aluminum in it (most of them do) since aluminum causes alzheimers. In my local store lately the only one I can find like that is "Speedstick Active Fresh".
I don't live in USA so I never buy from Saks, but I like good prices on great stuff and I think every human should too. Therefore, IMO all of you should never buy from Saks any more. Bankruptcy is worse than a $98 million loss. If they weren't so greedy by ludicrously overcharging in previous years, it wouldn't be $98 million loss anyways. Hopefully other stores will continue to offer good prices even though Saks won't, and maybe Saks will go bankrupt that...
Quote: Originally Posted by FidelCashflow But it's Canada customs that assesses GST and import duties on all incoming packages, regardless of how they're being shipped. The only way to get around that is to declare it a gift or of low value, which isn't legal, but it is common for private sellers. Big name companies will not do it, because they can get in trouble. That is inaccurate information based on my personal experience. I've gotten...
If they shipped via United States Postal Service instead of scammy courier companies, there wouldn't be any need to add taxes, duties, brokerage charges, or any other trumped-up illegitmate charges to the customer's bill at any point (neither on the bill, nor when the customer receives it) . It's the courier companies that perpetuate this scam and make buying anything from the U.S. that ships to Canada a big-time rip-off. Whereas the postal service is honest and above...
Quote: Originally Posted by letmebefell ^^ The difference is simple. If you buy a windowpane you can make certain that it won't be mistaken for an orphan by getting new buttons and keeping the coat. If you buy a pinstripe, you can make certain that it won't be mistaken for an orphan by keeping the buttons and getting a new coat. Why would I need new buttons? What would the difference between new buttons and the old buttons be? How do...