or Connect

Posts by stylemeup

Quote: Originally Posted by L.R. I remember reading a study that said in the end, after accounting for time spent in jail, vs how much profit is made from stealing.... Crimes pays slightly above minimum wage. Did that study remember to deduct crime dollars in order to account for the violation of one's anal sanctity that may occur in jail?
Quote: Originally Posted by David Reeves It's a faux pas to have a dress shirt with a pocket. Oh wow, really? Darn...I thought it was the opposite. To my eye, dress shirts with no pocket look like a faux pas. That's probably because before I learned about clothing on sf, dress shirts with pockets are all I'd ever seen. Guess I must re-train my eyes & brain regarding this.
Is it more stylish for a dress shirt to have a front pocket or no front pocket? It seems that a lot of the high-end shirt makers make many dress shirts with no front pocket. Are they doing that to be stylish, or just because they are cheaping-out and know people will buy their brands anyways based on repuation alone despite having no front pocket? Does a front pocket or no front pocket factor into your decisions when buying high-end dress shirts? If so, how do...
Quote: Originally Posted by db_ggmm I won't try to deeply answer your dilemma, but I will briefly address the fact you've gotten comments of looking sickly. For one, it's important to get a sense of what kind of person(s) told you this. Are they obese. Were they joking. Are they dickheads. Are they family. Are they old. What are their standards of beauty and does it relate to you at all? Why would this individual feel as if it is within...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradstudent78 Are you planning to lose more weight or are you just maintaining? Ideally I'd like to lose more weight off my face specifically, whose pudginess is what motivated me to lose weight in the first place. I was told on this forum that you cannot lose weight from your face specifically, so I decided to lose weight overall. My face isn't as pudgy as it was, yet it still appears too pudgy for my liking. ...
In January I was around 170-175 lbs but by watching my calories I am now 148-150 lbs. I'm 5'9 and 29. However, I don't know if I should stay at this weight or not. A couple have people have told me I look sick because I don't weigh as much as I used to. Although I don't get that comment a lot, but that could just be because other people are too polite to tell me. On the other hand, it could be the people who gave me that comment are just shocked because I lost way...
Are pajama collars stylish? I am considering to buy a shirt with a pajama collar but first I need to know if that is a style error or not. Furthermore, what is the technical definition of a pajama color? I have tried googling for this information but I did not find any definition based on my google search. Thank you.
IMO not only should there be no temp bans, but posting when something is priced too high should be encouraged rather than against the rules. I live in Canada, which doesn't have any of the high end stores that most of the stuff sold on this forum comes from. Therefore I never have any idea what a good or bad price for any of the things that sell here is because I have no access to a frame of reference for that knowledge. But if other posters posted that info in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Henry Boogers Well, as luck would have it I have a B.S. in Paper Science & Engineering. Yes, I'm being serious. The particles that you see floating out of the T.P. will be very similar in composition to the TP itself: primarily paper fiber with some carbonate filler and a host of softening and sizing agents. The reason that the paper does this is a debonder is added to TP to enable the rapid degradation of the sheet in the...
I've tried Royale and Cashmere (formerly Cottonelle) brands, and they both do this. How do I get more humidity in my bathroom? Would other brands of toilet paper not do this? Where exactly would they go if they were kept grounded? Ie: would they still go into the air when I first break the paper, and then fall to the ground instead of floating there for extremely long periods of time? Or would they not go into the air at all?