or Connect

Posts by stylemeup

That's odd.I also have experience winning SNAD disputes with eBAY/Paypal. The most recent was last August/September. After I won those disputes, eBAY/Paypal refused to force the seller to pay me the return shipping costs, or to pay those costs to me themselves.They also told me that the buyer paying return shipping, even when he is not at fault, is an industry-wide standard.I'm not sure why you had a different experience, but that's great in your case.
No, they won't. They will tell the buyer to pay to ship it back with his own money.Unfortunately you are going to lose out on the return shipping costs, unless the seller chooses to pay them for you. If he doesn't choose that, there is not a darn thing you can do about it to get that money back, no matter what dispute avenue you try. That's one of the risks a buyer takes for doing business on the Internet.The way to solve that is to open a dispute with Paypal over the...
Thanks for this thread, jefferyd. I have read comments that the glue in fusibles is likely to degrade/stop working over time. Can you comment on how true or untrue that idea is?
Thanks for the guide.Have some said that twisting/wringing is bad? Does the idea that twisting/wringing might be bad have merit?I've had a high-end drycleaner mess up MOP buttons on a few different RLPL shirts. I presume they were washed on the delicate cycle and that the buttons are high-quality.The MOP buttons about whose damage I complain about were not broken, but they were chipped and given other similar imperfections due to receiving damage during professional...
How does Kabbaz account for MOP buttons that will become damaged in the washing machine, as they will if the method is followed as it is described in that guide?I read this thread after first reading threads like these ones:http://www.styleforum.net/t/204417/pearl-button-dry-cleaner-damagehttp://www.styleforum.net/t/254032/whats-happening-to-my-buttonsThe impression I have from those threads is that hand-washing a shirt is the only way to avoid damaging MOP buttons, aside...
Thanks for the all the very informative replies. Supplementary questions: How is a layman who buys a belt online to know which type of leather a belt uses, if the leather type is not listed in an online ad? Is one of the only solutions to ask the seller what the leather type is, and then walk away from the purchase if he doesn't know? What would stop a seller who doesn't know from providing an incorrect answer, that a layman would be unable to verify? Or, is the only...
I buy $15 leather belts from Wal-Mart, and without fail they fall apart in 6 months. The leather rips and rots away, and this always happens in the same spots: around the holes in the belt. The damage even happens around holes that have never been used. Every other part of the belt remains undamaged and looks as it would if the belt was new. My questions are: 1. Why do these belts fall apart around the holes, even the unused ones? 2. Is there anything I might be...
I know very little about suits, except for the fair amount that I've read about them on the sf and AA forums. Based on what I've read, H&M and Boss do not belong in the "Mediocre" category. They should instead be in a new category that is not yet on the list, with a name such as "Trash." On a similar note, "Mediocre" and "Satisfactory" are synonyms. Having two categories named with words that mean the same thing makes no sense. I would also move M. Valentino out of...
Most likely they are taking a hard line more often now due to this article, which was written because the journalist got the idea from seeing, on another forum, non-students bragging about using student discounts:http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/personal-finance/household-finances/addicted-to-student-discounts/article2131037/page2/
I received some AK buttons. Before I got them, I thought they would be huge due to the impression of their size left on me from the close-ups in the pictures. In real-life, they are much smaller than I was expecting. That is not a complaint - they look spectacular. I love the buttons. I too will try to post some pics after I have them sewn on.