or Connect

Posts by jgold47

Well - IT is finally taking away my beloved blackberry, and replacing it with a iPhone. While I have had an iPhone personally for the last two years, in my mind the blackberry is and will always be the superlative business class device. For 8 years I've relied on its execptional battery life, durability, functionality, reliability, etc... I had a heated conversation with our CIO 2 years ago related to our impending switch and we joked that I would be the last one in...
speaking of shitty water....does anyone have a whole house water filter installed? Been thinking of installing a combination sediment and carbon filter before the baby is born. Nothing really wrong with our water now, but you know, belts and suspenders.
I'm out of reasonable suiting ideas to one up my co-workers at our big trade show coming up (it doesn't take much, last year was a 3 piece suit one day and a bowtie the next)... was thinking about pulling off a double breasted... The problem is that I am top heavy/barrel chested. Now, I have an absolute magician for a tailor so I can alter dimensionally, but is there any way for a stocky guy to wear a double and not look like a Mafioso?
found this again and it reminded to say that if you keep an eye on Macys/.com they often have crazy clearance sales on suits. I'll order 2-3 different ones in different sizes if I am not sure how it will fit. take back the other ones to the store, and go visit my magician, err...tailor. I only wear a suit a couple of times a year, but I like to get a new one each year for my big trade show to keep it fresh. This year I got two Perry Ellis suits from macys with...
Years ago when I worked at Best Buy we had a clear dishwasher as a demo item. Was cool to watch the thing in action. Basically that center pylon rises up with water pressure and directs the water to the upper areas. (among things). So it its not cleaning well, either, 1) the soap is being dispensed at the wrong time (the door is sticking), 2) the water pressure is not adequate (could be a bad or clogged pump/orifice) , 3) overfilled 4)the center piece is jammed or 4)...
I don't think the issue was with the forum itself, rather the rest of the changes. The Reviews, the Directory, etc... my only bitch about BN before/now is how slow it is.
Can't vent into nothing. Either outside or back inside. It's not about CO it's about comfort. Shooting grease into a wall cavity is a terrible idea.
bump
My wife and I are celebrating 5 years together in October. (dating, not married...thats 2). Originally I had intended for us to take a trip over to England which is part of the story of how we met. However, she's pregnant with our first and due at the end of the year, and that took that trip off the table. I wanted to do something nice for our 5 year, and at the same time try to stretch it into a push present as well. Any thoughts? I'd like to keep the total cost...
For all you short fat guys out there (like me, not hating). I've got this great pair of LL Bean 1912 selvedge jeans. Limited edition - 1835 of 1912, which is kind of cool. I seem to remember these being cone mills denim (the one in NC?). Anyways, these are the typical worker cut, a little baggier than I prefer. fairly stiff, and in great shape. I wore these a few times but never enough to really get anything going with them. They are cut for my midget ass, but there...