or Connect

Posts by George

Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar If you can go into a shop ,a mall, a gun fair with a driver licence and get a gun, that's easy access... I don't say gun owners are morons ,I just don't get it... If I was surrounded by guns ,I might hsave one but I'm happy living in a place where gun homicides are very rare... The vast majority of gun related crime in the UK is perpetrated by criminals with illegal guns and this has been the case for...
Quote: Originally Posted by academe Do you have any images of worsted flannels? Not as familiar with them... If you have a pick and pick already you may want to consider a nailhead or birds eye... I know you expressed some concern that a birds eye may be too busy, but it's really dependent on how large the "eyes" are... My Mahon is in a fine grey birds eye... Because the "eyes" are quite narrow, it adds depth and fluidity to the fabric without looking...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar I want something not too conservative, I can wear outside the office... I need texture for sure... I have ordered some samples from Harrisons.lesser and Fox... I like nailheads too... How much wear do you expect to get out of it season wise...?
You could also consider herringbone, nailheads, melanges/marls. What's the application...?
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar How can one really quantify the real cost of criminality in a country? I don't disagree with your statement , I was just reminding us of the facts... My mate's wife is in the probation services and the cuts have been massive there... Well, if you read the article it explains how they've arrived at the costs. You can be certain that it was probably higher still when this study was originally done as it...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar really? 20 grands a year per prisoners, the prisons themselves and the staff.... Even the current law and order government is not going to do it. In America ,prisons are big business employing most of the town inhabitants where they're built... I agree with letting real criminals going out too early .. Yes, really. Criminals activity costs Britain billions per year, far more than it costs to house...
Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar That my friend has to do with the constant overcrowding of English jails and the lack of investment in the system... Some have to go out to allow others to get in... Even the Tories after talking the talk are not going to walk the walk on that one... No money to give ad vitam aeternam her Majesty's prisoners and no Australia anymore... The solution is to build more prisons. The cost of building extra...
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI Thanks. I'm taking up the search that NOBD started in this thread here. There is definitely a B/W Glen Plaid in the book, I think there is a Brown one too. Have you considered John G. Hardy? There are also some nice multi-coloured Glen Plaids Have a look if you can, at W.Bill books too.
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI Thanks! I have a sample coming in so I'm all excited. I have a sportscoat in Moonbeam and it shows no signs of bagging or pilling for that matter. There are different weaves in the book, however. So, some cloths may be more robust than others.