or Connect

Posts by George

Quote: Originally Posted by lasbar I didn't have you as a right-winger George... There are links between social depravation and crime ... Have you studied the social mix on US death row? Most of the guys are uneducated with violent family backgrounds. It doesn't mean being poor is a valid justification for escaping social responsabilities.. It is easier to go straight when you are raised in a decent neighourhood than in some rough estates... Even...
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS You're a brave man ... of questionable taste ... but brave. Masterful backhand compliment, I approve...!
Quote: Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 Many here felt the Crown Prosecutors ran out of control condemning Tony Martin and dipshit Constubalries in London telling the public "this is not America....call us in an emergency"...and if you can't call us...just take it in the ARSE when burglars invade your home. On a side note, when Tony Martin was in the process of being released...the surviving burglar (labeled as a victim under the law)...who was still...
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos LOL - as expected, Gladstone. In your words - QFI? You are aware, that you edited your post as I was writing mine. Apropos, you are a strange man.
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos http://stats.org/in_depth/faq/causation_correlation.htm I'm well aware what correlation means, I still don't get your point. What did you think I meant? Quote: Originally Posted by apropos I'm assuming that by your tacit silence on my other points you've also acknowledged the patent stupidity of the points they addressed. I'd didn't ignore them I didn't think they were worthy of...
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos You confuse correlation with causality I'm not quite sure what you mean here, explain. Quote: Originally Posted by apropos Trying to eradicate root causes of criminality = abdication of personal responsibility = giving a free pass to criminals? Really? What makes you think you can eradicate the root causes of criminality...? Quote: Originally Posted by...
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos You know them, Gladstone. Oh, come now apropos, the social deprivation argument is demonstrably not true. If this hypothesis were correct everyone born in such circumstances would be a criminal when in fact the vast majority are law abiding. It is also insulting to those who were brought up in such circumstances and have made a success of their lives. It is convenient and common conceit amongst the left to...
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos Michael Ay329 - IMO it is a sad testament to your life experiences to enter a state of mind where it is recommended - nay, the wise thing - to expend so much effort to combat the real/imagined (and ultimately, exceedingly rare) worst impulses of your fellow human beings. There is so much fear, yet instead of directing your efforts to solve the root causes of criminal behaviour you would instead seek a method to take...
Quote: Originally Posted by academe Got it! In which case I have seen them before... I've just had another at that picture and there are some woolen flannels in there, but, they are mostly worsted flannels.