or Connect

Posts by George

Quote: Originally Posted by mmkn It is only clothes, just a fucking hobby, if you will. We are not saving lives here [which I do on a regular basis]. - M Yes.
Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. It always amazes me how certain garments are highly scrutinized to the point of absurdity while others, which are obvious train wrecks, are barely mentioned or noticed. Aye, there's more than a grain of truth in that, I have to admit. This may have more to do with who the poster is, rather than his tailoring. Boys will be boys, sad I know, I myself am not immune. There is also, an unfortunate tendency, to...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I hope, for your sake, that he eventually makes you a jacket with flattering proportions and none of the oddities on display here. Harsh, too much peppercorn in the Bearnaise, maybe?
Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. They have the Hardy in the store, I didn't like it. Not concerned about the flannel for GA - I spend almost as much time in NYC, SF and LON as I do ATL. You spend time in London? You have my deepest sympathies..
Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. W. Bill didn't have one so I opted for this. J.G. Hardy have it. You could have ordered it online and sent it to The Big R. Whnay, you have let me down on this project. You must be stronger in future....!!! The flannel is nice, however. I didn't know you were a fan of chalkstripes. I approve. A tad warm for Georgia though, no?
Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. Pleasantly surprised that so many of you guys like the fabric. I'm thinking jeans, molten flannels in brown and gray, and cords in various shades including burnt orange and caramel. Where's the Russell Plaid...?
Where's the Russell Plaid...?
Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. Pic of the new rig. More to follow. What material is that...?
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS Why I'll have you know ... ellipses are my personal ... private ... SF secret code. I believe it was RJman ... or was it Voxsartoria ... or Manton ... no it was RJman ... who once accused me ... can you imagine ... of using ellipses the way ... Whitney Houston ... formerly used ... breath control. ...er...er...hmmmmmm...!!!
Getting back on track for a while. My own view of Luca is that he has been given the role of 'Poster Boy' for the RTW side of things. I think he does it quite well to be honest. Those seeking a 'quieter' more discrete style will naturally gravitate towards Papa R. IMO.