or Connect

Posts by Peurist

I used to sell a whole lot here on SF, but had to give that up due to time constraints of my current job. However, as some of you may know, I'm a bit obsessed w/the north east chain of stores called Daffy's, particularly their Italian merchandise. I've recently started poking around to see what wholesale prices are like on that kind of merchandise (the better stuff), and it got me thinking about starting a website retailing Italian closeouts -- think a curated version of...
I found a few posts on SF over the years, but wondering if anyone has had recent experience w/the Borsalino RTW line, and if you know who happens to make their stuff, even better.
Kind of an odd request, but wondering if anyone has seen magazine articles or reports they can link me to that discuss the growth of menswear over the past few years, and maybe projects the growth into the future. Thanks!
SPRINGTIME@YOOX - 15% + Free Shipping - appears to only work on Spring items, as I just tried on some Fall stuff, and it's a no-go :P
INCOTEX PANTS ARE NOW IN -- Huge shipment of Incotex pants came into Philly today, though a lot of it is still in the back and not out on the floor yet. I was told someone already came in and bought 20 pairs. Get these before your fellow SF'ers buy the entire stock and mark them up 300%. $19.99/pair for all of the cotton pants. Most have slight defects, though, barely noticeable unless you see some little yellow stickers on them. And if you do stop in, remember these can...
Quick note - I don't often venture to the sock sections at Daffy's, but for those of you interested this is probably a great deal -- each store has maybe half a dozen pairs of Corgi socks at $12.99 each. And a few stores still have some pairs of socks from Florsheim by Duckie Brown. And for those interested in Gazzarrini, the 44th & Madison store had three pairs of shoes sitting on the floor, two in a size 11 (44EU), one in a size 10 (43EU) - the 11's were desert boots...
Important note for those of you interested in Gazzarrini - the Spring shipment just came into Philly today, including a large selection of suits. I expect that 34th, 57th East Side and Soho will get nice assortments as well. Also of note was an array of merchandise from Verdi & Kennedy, formerly La Camicera Italiana, a boutique located at 509 Madison Ave. in NYC, between 52nd & 53rd St's (http://www.verdikennedy.com/). All of it was high quality stuff, made in Italy,...
Semi-self-promotion, but if anyone out there wants to leave a comment on my most recent post on the blog, it'd be much appreciated. http://yellowbaggers.blogspot.com/
I literally saw one item from Dunhill. Nice, but didn't think it was photo worthy. You'll be lucky if there are half a dozen Dunhill items spread across the entire chain - these are samples from a knitwear manufacturer (Teodori) that produces for a bunch of different labels.The one post where I mentioned that was a sort of "I wish" type thing. I don't believe you'll be seeing PT01's at Daffy's, unless they offer me a full-time job, which I'd gladly accept
Quick merchandise update -- additional samples of knitwear came in from Teodori this week, including items from Dunhill and Jil Sander -- cotton sweaters all under $40. The store down here also got in a small assortment of linen blazers from David Chu (made in Italy) for $69.99, w/original retail of between $850-$1000 - this stuff retails in Saks, though it looks like it came from the David Chu parent company, b/c I also saw some shirts from Lincs, the David Chu diffusion...