or Connect

Posts by Peurist

Quick update, the only one I thought worth mentioning on SF in a while. Most Daffy's locations got in shoes from Martin Dingman this past week. I believe they are made by Fratelli Rossetti, but that's just a hunch since I found one pair of those in the Dingman boxes at the same price. All the shoes are $98.99.
Need a leather messenger bag appropriate for work at a law firm; sick of carrying around my old Jansport backpack, and want to look a bit more professional. Ideally looking for something made in Italy, or at least somewhere other than China that would make a decent product. Please PM w/pics of anything you may have available. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow I guess I was hoping they heard my bitching about how discount stores in NY are so much better than in LA and decided to help a brother out by stocking some extra Mabitex in size 32 and posting them for $20 a piece on their website. Tough luck. Ha...Mabitex is Daffy's, which is supposedly looking into the online sample sale business as well; but I don't think that is their top priority at the moment, as they...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker I was not impressed. At all. I don't know what they're going to be listing on here. If I had to guess it will be stuff that is overstock or not selling well in the stores. So, for example, I don't think we'll be seeing much suiting, as the stores can barely keep that stuff stocked as it is. This is just a hunch, but would make more sense to me than them buying specifically for the site, or stealing the...
Century 21 has finally opened its online store; appears they're doing a sample sale version. Current sales are McQ and Coming Soon. http://www.c21stores.com
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenTribe The item in my dreambox still has the most recent discount applied to it (490 down from 695 or something like that), is there any reason to expect it will be further discounted if it shows up in the "sample sale"? Yes, usually the stuff in the sample sale is further marked down. Difference is the sample sale merchandise is all FINAL SALE. So if you buy it now at the higher price, you can still return it...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenTribe Same here (except I don't know what you mean about google). The [winter-season] item I was referring to just above, in fact, is no longer listed anywhere on the site that I can see, but it still appears in my dreambox -- and it used to say "this item is only available until Apr 17th" but that message is gone and the item is apparently still in stock, ready for purchase. At least from what I've seen,...
Quote: Originally Posted by tropics thanks for the update, love the blog. wonder if there is any way to compile a quick reference of "decent daffys brands" that could synch to a phone? i do it manually from your blog at the moment (iphone wunderlist). Been thinking about that for a while. Would it be better as a simple list, or would people here prefer pics of the labels (where available)?
Thought it worth mentioning -- Daffy's just got in a new shipment of shirting from Milena SpA -- Delsiena, B>More, Carrel, Renato Balestra, Mylord, Marcus, Milena, Barbarigo, Il Grancho, etc... all at $30/shirt. Yoox.com has these for close to $90 a piece. Also noticed, Century 21 got in a large shipment of shirts from Dolce & Gabanna (main line) for $90, and a small shipment of shirts from Calvin Klein Collection for $70. Both were in boxes. Though, the quality of the...
I will vouch for the shirts themselves. Superbly made, and nicely fitted.