or Connect

Posts by Peurist

Happy to provide info wherever...didn't mean to cause a ruckus
Can't tell you about the details on the Reporter items beyond what I already know. As for the other two -- Michelangelo is an upper mid-market brand -- uses better fabrics, slightly better construction (http://www.michelangelospa.com/). Hilton is a brand owned by Tombolini, decent quality, on par w/Reporter and the like, but slightly lower quality than the Tombolini main line. To the best of my knowledge, Coltorti is a boutique with locations in the U.S. and Italy...
I have some Gazzarrini tuxedos that will be available in a few weeks, but only a handful. If you're a size 38/48EU and like something a bit more fashion-forward, you're in luck.Reporter will run you how all Italian items should fit (I'm partial to a proper slim fit being a skinny guy myself) - Drop 7, generally high arm holes, tapered in the midsection, etc... but it is not too severe.Pennesi is likely to run you a bit smaller than even the Reporter items. Pennesi is one...
It's nice stuff, you just have to be careful with a lot of the Inghirami items, as they tend to make more classic cuts, and often produce for the Italian wedding market, which is why you'll see items with a lot of sheen and made out of viscose and the like. Glad to help out on any additional questions you may have on them or any other random brands -- I run a small business in this area, and have experience either dealing with these companies directly or in many cases have...
Reporter is made by the folks at Inghirami -- they make, among other things, Ingram, San Remo, Inghirami, Reporter and Peter & Sons, and recently acquired the Robert Friedman shirt brand from Fabrys SRL. It is all made in Italy, mid-market construction and fabrics. Of their brands, leaving aside Robert Friedman, Reporter is the slimmest fit and most fashion-forward. It is not super-slim as you may find in some other Italian brands, but it is cut nicely. It has been carried...
I believe they were both navy pinstripes, 44 or 46 US. I will grab some shots and post here if I stop back.
Believe it or not, Burlington.
Just wanted to get confirmation on this -- happened to be browsing around a discount store in Philly today, and noticed a few suits marked 'Alfred Dunhill.' Was curious, as Dunhill items do not often appear in the States. Upon further inspection, the inside label indicated they were from F/W 05 (yes, they have apparently been sitting somewhere for the last 8 years), but what intrigued me more was the fact that the label was clearly one from Caruso, yet it said 'Made in...
10% w/code SPRING. Works on all items as of right now, including Sample Sale. Also note that there are some markdowns on the site for spring merchandise; unclear if those are permanent or temporary.
Never seen stuff this early before, but if you're in the market already -- 10% off F/W 2013 Preview -- TOPREVIEW - good until 5/12. Link