or Connect

Posts by Peurist

Thanks for the shout out. In case it means anything to some folks, our current stock of shirts, other than those from Culturata, is made by Saitt, the same company that produces the Truzzi and Mastai Ferretti line of shirts. We import our shirts directly, and they are all made for the Italian/European markets, so the fit is generally slimmer than anything you will find here in the U.S.
...cough...
Always a good resource -- http://www.retailmenot.com/view/yoox.com
Just to put out a plug for our shirts -- PEURIST has a wide selection of slim fitting shirts made by the same company that makes Mastai Ferretti and Truzzi, all for $39.99. We promise these are some of the best fitting and best made shirts you will get at this price point. We have two fits available, the 'Custom Fit,' which is the standard slim fit that will work for most, and some shirts marked 'Slim Fit,' which are extra-slim, and are meant for those who are slender and...
Happy to provide info wherever...didn't mean to cause a ruckus
Can't tell you about the details on the Reporter items beyond what I already know. As for the other two -- Michelangelo is an upper mid-market brand -- uses better fabrics, slightly better construction (http://www.michelangelospa.com/). Hilton is a brand owned by Tombolini, decent quality, on par w/Reporter and the like, but slightly lower quality than the Tombolini main line. To the best of my knowledge, Coltorti is a boutique with locations in the U.S. and Italy...
I have some Gazzarrini tuxedos that will be available in a few weeks, but only a handful. If you're a size 38/48EU and like something a bit more fashion-forward, you're in luck.Reporter will run you how all Italian items should fit (I'm partial to a proper slim fit being a skinny guy myself) - Drop 7, generally high arm holes, tapered in the midsection, etc... but it is not too severe.Pennesi is likely to run you a bit smaller than even the Reporter items. Pennesi is one...
It's nice stuff, you just have to be careful with a lot of the Inghirami items, as they tend to make more classic cuts, and often produce for the Italian wedding market, which is why you'll see items with a lot of sheen and made out of viscose and the like. Glad to help out on any additional questions you may have on them or any other random brands -- I run a small business in this area, and have experience either dealing with these companies directly or in many cases have...
Reporter is made by the folks at Inghirami -- they make, among other things, Ingram, San Remo, Inghirami, Reporter and Peter & Sons, and recently acquired the Robert Friedman shirt brand from Fabrys SRL. It is all made in Italy, mid-market construction and fabrics. Of their brands, leaving aside Robert Friedman, Reporter is the slimmest fit and most fashion-forward. It is not super-slim as you may find in some other Italian brands, but it is cut nicely. It has been carried...
I believe they were both navy pinstripes, 44 or 46 US. I will grab some shots and post here if I stop back.