or Connect

Posts by NewYorkIslander

Damn, just saw this now....Picked up a case of their McKenna and Four Roses....great stuff. Next time I head up, I'll reach out well in advance....
I may be heading up there tomorrow with the wife...you around?
Van Veen, their store picks are second to no one...on par or even better than Julio's up in Boston for barrel picks.
Party Source is outside of Cincinnati, about 2 hours from L-ville, so its def a hike. As far as distilleries, if you call, or check they're web sites you can see what they have going on in terms of tours. Heaven Hill in Bardstown as well as Buffalo Trace offer different tours. BT needs to be booked, but I believe is free. Four Roses, Wild Turkey in Lawrenceburg offer very good standard tours....never done the Woodford tour, but heard its great. DO NOT MISS WILLET in...
Two pretty good value pours...
I think I saw it was just below HAZMAT at around 68%
Did you happen see what this year's proof will be?
They had between 7-11 years...we didn't want to know where they picked from so we could really go in without any preconceived ideas, we wound up picking a 9 year and an 8 year. All of us were in agreement with the ballots as well, was pretty neat.
The cashmeres are down to their last guaranteed unit...they may not be as versatile as the Grey silk and indigo, but they're all beautiful. I don't even think I'm going to get to keep a cashmere for myself....that's how limited they are.
Pre-orders are up now...