Posts by NewYorkIslander

Looking GREAT guys. Just a heads up, "BLACKFRIDAY" at checkout gets you an additional 10% off at www.yellowhookshop.com Hope you're all enjoying the extended Holiday weekend!
"BLACKFRIDAY" at checkout gets you an additional 10% off already marked down prices on the remaining denim shirts we have (and everything else). Check it out at www.yellowhookshop.com
Here's a little Before and After with my Leonardo Barber Shirt (sample size YH2) from yesterday and today: Underneath a YH1 Heirloom Buttondown Blue English Oxford and our Italian Denim Stripe Tie (right now a Show only product, though we'll list this after the Holidays as part of our Winetr/Spring 2016 Collection. And today, "walking" my kids to school. Serves me right for being almost 40 and thinking I'm 19.
Thanks man, you'll love the OCBD's. At the price we have them marked down to now, you won't find a better made shirt, anywhere. Period. Enjoy.Barber Shirt! I can't believe I never though of that! My great grandfather Leonardo came here in 1892 and opened up a barber shop on Surf Ave. in Coney Island. We've just found the new name...The Leonardo Barber Shirt!OK, so the Kiton, for me is the most fabulous tie we may have ever done. I'm quite shocked it hasn't sold out...
Second Loro Piana Linen Pre-Order Opportunity is this gorgeous blue stripe: Also, our final samples came in on the Over Shirt. Comparison: Denim Work Shirt Size YH2: Denim Over Shirt Size YH2: This was designed to be a much larger fit than the denim work shirt with a whole slew of pockets that we feel the modern man might need. I know, in my classroom it's been awesome. I keep a notebook in one pocket and a tablet in the other (as well as my iphone in the...
BEAUTIFUL!Picking up samples of our new Oversized Over Shirt today. If all goes according to plan, we should have these ready for the American Field show in Brooklyn in two weeks. Stay tuned...
Looking good gents. @imys that cotton flannel is so GREAT! We were going to use this as gussets on some of our denim shirts moving forward....have a bit left. @justridiculous that fabric was found in the back of an old fabric store room on the LES....so cool, has to be from the 50's or 60's iirc!
Been a while....we've just got the spec samples in for the Loro Piana Linen Shirts that we'll be running in the Spring. Holy Cow. This is some of the most beautiful lightweight linen I've ever seen. There isn't much of the Navy (maybe enough for 2 shirts) so I'm happy to do that as a pre-order. With the pre-order you can choose any of our sizes, and even tweak measurements accordingly ie, longer or shorter arms an inch extra in the waist). Our measurements are...
I agree with the boys above....stay away from anything but a traditional four in hand on the heavier wools and cashmeres and go nuts with the super lightweights (like the handprinted Italian Silks).
Only one shirt left for the sample offer, a YH4 Trad Fit Spread Collar. For all those who serve, thanks so much. Growing up with two grandfathers who served in the Second World War, I know that it's not only the service member who serves, but the families as well. Thank you!