or Connect

Posts by NewYorkIslander

LOL.Last nights pour:What I'll be working on today:02-07
OK fellas, all remaining spring/summer ties are at clearance prices, this is as low as they'll go. I'll also add a special Styleforum discount code for you guys for the next week....we're trying to clear everything out so we can do a rebuild with only our fall stock by the end of the month. Enter "styleforum10" for an extra 10% off these clearance prices and hope you all have a great 4th!
The stuff is out there if you look hard enough. Dry Dock in Red Hook had the Secretariat for a looooonnnnnnggggggg time out on the shelf. They still might have a bottle or two. There's also a bunch of them on a shelf in Oyster Bay, although the price is closer to $130. DD had it for $99.
The private picks are fantastic...110 proof.
The funniest shit is Widow Jane selling non-GMO corn 375ml for $125. Wild Turkey and Four Roses both use non GMO corn, barrel at cask strength for some, and charge a hell of a lot less. Some people prefer to be ignorant and think they're drinking GREAT stuff. I find the same with guys who DO know...with dusties. I used to be one of them. Sure its rare, sure its cool, sure its historical, but most of the stuff produced today is just head and shoulders better than that...
I feel bad for them. They are really up against it big time. The big guys have such a huge head start...I picked up a couple of those Rhode Island Single Malts yesterday when I was out there...curious to try them.
I keep asking, they know I'm looking! Maybe this winter if fall goes well!
Fantastic pair of cordovan jumper boots made expressly for Epaulet and designed by Mike in conjunction with Carmina. Boots are in great shape with some wear to the leather soles, but have tons of life left. Can be dressed up or down real easily. I'm a 9.5 standard fit (9D on the Barrie or Trubalance)
"worldcup20" on all spring/summer ties still on at www.yellowhookneckties.com I'll be doing a bit of a fall preview here of some of the GREAT stuff we have in the works, including a TON of super soft, lightweight cashmere, a couple new gorgeous Loro Piana wool silk pieces and some beautiful raw silks. I'll start you guys off with this wonderful piece of cashmere and silk from Zegna that we hope to get 3 ties out of...
I'd go with the 4.0 or 5.0. The 3.0 feels like its choking your ankle. But if you've tried them on and don't mind it, go for it. That was a deal breaker for me.