or Connect

Posts by FreedBird

No they are not that leather. Way more supple, I was hoping someone had seen something similar in some swatches for a MTO piece. I had never seen this specific leather on a production AE.
Hello Gents! I need some help IDing the leather on this pair of MacNeils I picked up today. It is a pebble grain, but is extremely supple, much more so than the regular pebble grain I have owned from AE. Any thoughts on what it may be? Thanks! [[SPOILER]]
Here are a few of the top AE styles: Park Avenue Strand McAllister Dalton MacNeil Leeds Grayson Those styles are all in the top sellers for AE and you really can't go wrong. The downside is they don't go on sale very often. There are a lot if great places to buy them, just depends on what you are looking for. If you can hold out for outlet sales those are usually a good time to stock up. I also carry a small stock of AEs for sale here and on eBay. I may have...
Thanks for the clarification! You are always a wealth of knowledge on anything shoes!
Walnut strands are going to be a bit more flashy and if you wear darker colored suits I would stay away from those in a conservative environment. The reference to "last" is the form the shoe is made over and each one fits a bit differently. AE numbers all their lasts and you can find fit information on their website and this forum for the different lasts.The Fifth Avenue is a great shoe and is just slightly below the Park Avenue in formality, a perfectly acceptable shoe...
They are bit more on the casual end of the penny loafer, so I would go with calf. The Randolph looks really nice in shell and is a bit dressier.
Any style of penny loafer is a classic east coast look. A tassel loafer like the Grayson is also a nice option as well.
Good to know. Thanks for all the advice.
Links to your shop in the left sidebars of your listings i.e. other categories or sizes.
Take photos outdoors. Indoor photos are terrible with the iPhone.