or Connect

Posts by SoleBajan

Great timing; I'll be in Madrid from June - July. I'd imagine it'll get fairly warm around that time but I plan to do some shopping there anyway - tis the home of Zara after all. I've come across some tour sites that do bar crawls and tapas bar outings; would be a great way to meet people and discover the local go-to spots. Other than that, I'm quite clueless. Looking forward to the (solo, first time in Spain) adventure...
Quote: Originally Posted by meauounji danggit!! missed out again! the last time one of these showed up I was late to the party too. Alas, so did I...but then it also inspired me to get my own pairrrr! Funny thing is, this guy has exactly the same model and size as the last fellow.
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing I don't like biscotti. Ditto! Nor pastis...
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Let me guess, you are "Francais langue maternelle", no? As a native English speaker, Larousse was not the best choice out there. LOL même pas mon vieux! If I were then my posts would be of little consequence...then again, you're not the first person to make such a comment In truth, the Larousse - the one I had anyway - helped me to understand certain words/expressions in my own language (English) via the...
...4got to mention squash of any kind.
Quote: Originally Posted by The Snob Donc, je dois utiliser le internet... sinon = alternatively. ah ha. Merci. More like 'otherwise' but sure Actually Larousse has been my old faithful over the years, got me through university after all! My 'pocket dictionnary' - misleading as it was quite hefty - was loaded with vocab, business structures and idiomatic expressions to boot! The Collins is great for translating and the like but way too...
Quote: Originally Posted by flashback I try to advocate for better treatment of women, but unfortunately (and I can say this as a very active dater) the majority of women really seem to have fucked up value systems & priorities that are severely out of whack. The number of women that I truly cherish and respect is extremely low. I am always hoping to find that but it almost never happens. I think maybe on a subconscious level other men are aware of this,...
Quote: Originally Posted by The Snob Oh and the thing is, my French is actually surprisingly good. I'm remembering a lot as I'm doing these Pimsleur lessons. Just now I skipped ahead and listened to Lesson 25 of level 3 French and found I already knew most of it so I'm thinking that Pimsleur won't really help me that much more... hence my desire to get some podcasts in rotation. Good idea on getting a book though; I'll definitely do that. Maybe Sartre's...
Pork, cow's milk, pumpkin and sweet potaters.
Today is a Burberry day. Wore the original yesterday, feeling London today.