or Connect

Posts by SpringCleaning

While waiting for aportnoy to post photos of his display equipment, as differentiated from his high density storage equipment, might I invite those of you who have special furniture beyond piles of shoeboxes to please share as well? To answer some of the questions, I would like to think that I live a colorful existence. I am a corporate lawyer of Asian descent who is partial to fine Italian tailoring, although you should not mistake me for someone of Asian descent who...
Please do not take this the wrong way, but to clarify, my main cabinet holds a selection of 30 shoes which I can rotate every four to eight weeks or as I fancy. You might note that the Lobbs represent a range of years (the new, outlandish designs look better on your feet than in the catalog). I prefer to think that I am more organized -- some may say obsessive-compulsive -- than Andrew and I actually wear my shoes. I doubt that this suffices to bait Andrew, but let us...
(edited to resize photos following the barbaric yawp of the new member) Good day dear friends of the iGentry. I returned some time ago from a long series of travels and realize how much I have missed having my full wardrobe available. With a nod to my yankee friend Mr. Andrew Portnoy who introduced me to this forum, I decided to take photos after rotating my shoe rotation and sending several weary pairs for a long rest in storage. Please allow me to share the small joy...
Lay on! That's the spirit! (Although unless machetes are involved, you may well save money by buying your own pair. You might even call at St. James.)
I am sorry. This was originally intended as a hello with an interesting photograph, and a link to eBay auctions. The shoes are all of one size, so the general membership would be limited to a spectator role. In any case, I had not intended to sell these shoes here. I have also placed the thread in the forum specified. I apologize again for any inconvenience.
I am deeply embarrassed but I confess that I have closed all my open Ebay auctions. I have not used eBay extensively, and it appears that when I made a listing as a seller, there was an automated unholy cock up in the way the bloody website handled my finances. I simply do not want to deal with eBay's nonsense while I attend to several bits and bobs nagging at me before I go on holiday. As I do not wish to waste your time, I will gladly sell my shoes here to someone...
I am deeply embarrassed but I confess that I have closed all my open Ebay auctions. I have not used eBay extensively, and it appears that when I made a listing as a seller, there was an automated unholy cock up in the way the bloody website handled my finances. I simply do not want to deal with eBay's nonsense while I attend to several bits and bobs nagging at me before I go on holiday. As I do not wish to waste your time, I will gladly sell my shoes here to someone...
Gentlemen: Thank you very much for the torrent of private messages that poured into my new Inbox while I was having supper with the family. I have given up on answering each and every one, and I hope you understand. To the kind members I was unable to answer, please understand that I hope to avoid protracted negotiations via private messaging, as this would take weeks. I literally have to list the remaining shoes right now as I wish to have a weekend, and if the...
Gentlemen: Thank you very much for the torrent of private messages that poured into my new Inbox while I was having supper with the family. I have given up on answering each and every one, and I hope you understand. To the kind members I was unable to answer, please understand that I hope to avoid protracted negotiations via private messaging, as this would take weeks. I literally have to list the remaining shoes right now as I wish to have a weekend, and if the...
I am not sure if this is appropriate, but I understand this forum enjoys a good "feeding frenzy." I am a friend of Mr. Andrew Portnoy and once enjoyed polishing my shoes during Easter. The sentiment has passed and, in addition to various career and lifestyle changes, I have decided to instead spend Good Friday trying to list my shoes on Ebay. For the benefit of potential buyers and morbid spectators alike, these are mostly John Lobb Prestige and Edward Green (including...