or Connect

Posts by CitizenK

I wear plenty of white shirts, but since I have a ruddy complexion ecru is a better color for me. Fot those of you with dark hair and light, easily sunburnable skin that turns rudddy for three seasons out of the year, you might want to give ecru a try. Regards!
Why buy those? Go down to your local military surplus store and get some Matterhorns, Bellvilles or Danners for approx. $100. Much better quality than Rockports!
I own 5 pairs of chukkas from various shoemakers, and I see plenty of other chukkas that I wouldn't mind wearing. I've never even tried on a pair of Chelseas. I guess it all depends on what floats your boat...
Last time I looked at Sierra Trading Post they had a few by Ralph Lauren. the prices were certainly reasonable. Check them out, they might be worth your while. Regards
Both Chukkas and Chelseas are great looking boots! I have several pairs of chukkas. I have always liked them, I find them comfortable and not that many people wear them. Thant said, I wouldn't mind a pair of the RM Williams chelseas. If Luchesse made them I probably would owna pair already. I've been giving them the eye for a few years now. I saw some pretty attractive and reasonably priced models down in Mexico recently. Maybe I'll get a pair next time I'm...
Beg to differ gentlemen, those shoes would look fine with a suit. I don't buy the blucher/bal argument. What if you have high arches and cannot find a pair of bals that fit and are comfortable (like me)? I work in an environment where many of the men wear suits or at least a sportsjacket and tie. For the most part, they look quasi-presentable, until you look down. The cheap pieces of shit I see them wearing on there feet are just shocking. By comparison, those...
My worst experience by far was at Brooks Brothers in Washington DC. I bought a cotton suit and a linen sports-jacket at one of their sales and (foolishly) agreed to let their house tailors alter them. When I went to pick them up a week later, my salesman wasn't there, so the salesman on duty just gave me my clothes and promptly disappeared. The house tailors had neglected to let out the seat of the pants and the sleeves were uneven on the suit jacket. The...
I have worn a pair of Loake "Bootmaker" chukkas (in chestnut) for the past year. Bought them from Herring shoes, seconds on sale. They fit well, are comfortable, look nice and have worn well. I suppose it's all a matter of taste. If I find another pair that fit well and I like them, I will buy... Enjoy!
Herradura Reposado, straight up. Ice water on the side... Salud!
I agree with zipj83 and others that a suit or sports jacket does not feel quite complete w/o working buttons. Ever since I read Tom Wolfe's essay on working cuff buttons back when I was a teenager, I've wanted to have them. Now that I can afford to buy suits and sports jackets that allow them to be cut and sewn, I usually do it. It also helps to have a tailor that does a good job - makes them look better, like they belong there. IMO there is something not...