or Connect

Posts by mt_spiffy

Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley Knowing that the audience in men's style is the working professional or someone on his way to becoming one, why do you think you are going to get any helpful support with respect to the styling of those shoes!? Are you hoping for that one person that will agree with you and say that was $30 well spent? You might be better of in streetwear, although I suspect you aren't going to find much acceptance there...
Quote: Originally Posted by antirabbit To be fair Mr. Spiffy, What exactly attracts you to these shoes? Contrast that with what you see here on a daily basis and help me to understand the aesthetic value? Most of what I see here on a daily basis do not appeal to me at all. They are plain, they are conservative, and they are not versitile. A group I play for out of Minneapolis was wearing this style of shoes before they became...
In regards to clothes and shoes: I dont buy to resell, I buy for me. I wear until: 1. They are no longer in good shape 2. They no longer fit or 3. I no longer like them. At that point, I've gotten my money's worth out of said article. Any money I am able to recoup selling it/them is a profit. If I give it/them away, and upgrade someone else's wardrobe in the process, that too is a profit. Right now my closet is severely overfull and I'm still buying,...
Other than business, and winter, it's very versitile and can be used to create several different outfits . . . if you like it, and it's a good deal at the price, get it.
I transport my shoes in their original boxes as often as possible. When space does not allow, I wrap them in boxers and t-shirts (whatever soft cloth I am also transporting) and pile them in a box or suitcase, making sure there are shoe trees inside to keep them intact.
Spotted these on clearance for $30 while my girl was shopping for designer tennis shoes. Was on the fence about them, but the return policy was liberal so I picked them up. My intention was/is to wear them with a linen blazer and jeans, or similar. Still cant decide what I think of them. If they were slightly narrower, they would be my style completely. If the non-snake (I think it's real) part was a little more cream than grey, they would be perfect for the...
I must have misunderstood your measure. I thought you were concerned the Medium was too big.
Quote: Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC For all my flash I really think that when you go to Church you should worry about prayer and salvation than your clothing or what other members of the parish are wearing. That's very true and at any of my churches or ministries, I've never had a problem with anyone coming to church wearing anything, whether appropriate or not. I take great offense when churches will pull casually dressed visitors aside...
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. It's likely a blazer I'm going to give away, I think it's Chaps or Hagar. But nevertheless . . .
Quote: Originally Posted by noVA99 yeah, it's called free advertising. When there are no cameras around, he won't be wearing SJ. When there are no cameras around, he's probably in sweats or jeans.