or Connect

Posts by mt_spiffy

Looks like I'm still unique!
I like the tie. I definitely see it with a charcoal or dark navy suit. Pinstripes are a plus.
Quote: Originally Posted by stevejobs Price sold > price bought - utility gained from object over the years = profit Price sold < price bought - utility gained from object over the years = loss I dont sell anything unless I have little or no intention of ever wearing it again. Provided that's because I wore said item until I was tired of it, price bought = utility gained from object over the years. That having been said, if I bought...
Are you FedExing the shoes?
I'd have to see it, but could be really nice. Like a wine red?
I'm probably going to keep them-- for $30, if I wear them with even one outfit, it's money well spent. I'm just not crazy about them like I am about other shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff Who is making people feel like they need to match things to their suit? Contrast is considerably more interesting. Whatever you do, do not wear a cream, tan or yellow shirt with that suit. If you must, choose a brown shirt, like a chocolate brown or a brown stripe on a blue or white background but promise me youll never wear a yellow shirt with that. Actually, promise me youll never wear a yellow dress...
There have been some really nice pictures posted in the 'share pictures of your closet' thread, of several very well designed closets. Also a couple really bad examples, like mine.
I use the shower, or use a steam iron without it actually touching the fabric, like from 2" away. My girlfriend swears by ironing with a towel between the iron and the fabric.
There was an entry I really liked with a 3 piece suit and impeccably tied tie, I was sad not to see it.