or Connect

Posts by potter AB

Thank you for sharing your experience, very interesting indeed.Re: shirts. Mr. O'Flynn is very friendly and helpful as others have mentioned already. However, he has been very busy lately since he's also used by others (e.g. a SR company). Due to that I have experienced quite some errors like wrong fit, wrong collars, wrong cuffs, too short etc, even though everything was written down and even though I had sent a reminder with all details by mail. Also, prices have gone...
Hi, the bag was made by a Danish leather smith called Claus Broe. He focusses on his product, there is no merchandising, no branding, no logo. The product should speak for itself.As there are no seams, the leather will break in and the bag will loose shape a little. So you get another kind of expression compared to a British briefcase.As mentioned when I posted the pics a few years ago, the bag is a shoulder bag, but you can fold the strap and hold the bag as a briefcase....
A brown tie, yes. An olive tie definitely too, as it is muted green and lies in between the rust and the dark green. That could for example be combined with a blue-white pin stripe shirt or a tattersall shirt.
I was at Graham Browne's today and commissioned a pair of trousers. I mentioned some other projects and Russell showed interest for all of them. "We do everything", he said. There is something "no nonsense" and a straight forward stance over this tailor in the centre of London. They do the cutting on spot, which is interesting to see. In the big houses you make an appointment, get a warm welcome with one or two cups of tea, discuss things thoroughly, sometimes you will be...
Great project, thank you for sharing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdfast This programme's conclusion was really about the aesthetic/emotional meaning of a perfect suit, not its execution. If that interests you - it certainly is why I personally like clothes - then you'll probably enjoy watching this one. Thanks for the feedback. Actually, producer Alastair Sooke had an article about his documentary in The Telegraph today: http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-...fect-suit.html
Quote: Originally Posted by Xyst What size width shoe do you generally wear? EE or EEE I'm assuming? If E is standard width British size, then I have got F Quote: Originally Posted by Xyst I think one of the issues maybe they don't stock the H in anything so I'm guessing it would be a special order...oh and they mentioned something about a $150 nonrefundable deposit for them to order an H width shoe so god help me if...
Quote: Originally Posted by Xyst (...) which is why I was hoping some one had any experience with either H or X widths...hopefully with the Turnouts as well but really in any model. Yes, I have got an H width. Originally I bought a Blaxland (a Craftsman with a composite sole) in G width, but when I came home I found out I had to cut off a toe. So I had the shop order a H width. The H seemed perfect, but still I had to go to a cobbler to have...
Quote: Originally Posted by DWFII (....) All of these practices...choices...are made for the sole purpose of cutting the cost of materials and of operations. There are no benefits in terms of quality, fit, stability or longevity that accrue to these usages. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, none of these savings get passed on to the consumer (...) Thank you for your contribution. The German shoe forum has also made some of these shoe...