or Connect

Posts by Flambeur

I would first talk to the professors at your former MBA program since you probably have some goodwill there. I wouldn't recommend talking to the "real" professors outside of your school until you at least know what you're talking about. There are TONS of resources on the internet by the way, there are a couple of active forums out there and it would help you to basically go and read up on the old threads.. The knowledge you seek is out there already, and someone has...
Foo, you went JD > IB Associate? I had no idea.
Which school are you going to, by the way?And it seems that maybe 50% of incoming doctoral students have MBAs, but a harder masters that builds a better foundation for research/methods is probably better.I need to make a new thread about the PhD thing. I think there is an actual Prof who graduated from Purdue lurking about, and probably some more graduates or current students.
Oh well, fuck, I wouldn't know. I've been on the buyside/client side for pretty much.. ever?
This is a fantastic reply. But don't diss tech, bro. Tech is fucking fantastic for strategy/finance, at least once you're a bit up the ladder. Doing deals in a relaxed environment while wearing jeans is pretty fun. Going from finance to tech was eye-opening and the best transition ever.
Wish it was all AAPL...
Somewhat unimaginative advice
whoa
A friend of mine is a communications PhD and has a fantastic life, makes good money, etc...
Business PhDs do pretty well.