or Connect

Posts by Conrad

Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta Will an engineer or architect tell me... How are they going to build on to the building? How does the glass hold that much weight? Skytower needs the renovation. I went there last summer and you could tell it was a 20 year old attraction. Will go back for this.... The glass of the building in and of itself does not hold the weight, the building structure will. See thos stainless steel discs across...
The real question is what have I done that WASN'T manly
Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta Isn't that why there was talk of Internet 2 or whatever it was? Is it true that our current connection systems in all honesty can't handle YouTube and other such sites? The "internet 2", from what I understand, is meant to be a network which takes the internet back to it's academic roots. Keep entertainment on the commercial internet, but have v.2 for research and what not. And yes, it is true...
It's the rate of growth of the use of the internet coupled with the non-growth of the network that carries it. Currently YouTube alone uses as much bandwidth in one month as the entire internet did per year just 9 years ago.
W's are unique creatures, there are just too many ways to lay them out to say "all X cylinder W's are balanced". The VW W-12 is naturally balanced as it is two VR6's offset to 60*. Therefore, it acts like a 60* V-12 The original W-12 was the Napier-Lion which was three banks of 4 offset 60*, so it acted like two 60* V-8's which would not produce balance on the second order. As for a W-24, in theory it would have the advantage over a V-12 of balancing on every 30*...
There are way too many factors to come up with any reasonable estimate of how long an engine will last in anything. One run at higher speeds will last less time than one run at low speeds. One run at constant speed and load will last longer than one run at variable speed and load. One that sees frequent cold starts and short trips will not last as long as one that is allowed to warm up every time it's driven. One better maintained will last longer. And...
I know That was one of my favorite parts, I could actually go out and "shoot the Indians" even if they were just soda cans I've upgraded since, but lever actions and single action revolvers still hold a dear spot in my heart. Quote: Originally Posted by Jekyll EDIT: I should add, though, that I don't think a 7 year old is responsible enough to own a .22. Maybe a Red Ryder depending on the individual child's maturity...
I remember watching all of the old John Wayne and Clint Eastwood movies at 7 and being totally enamored with them. "Problem" being, they actually have a plot and aren't just total beat off action flicks that are so prevalent today. They were for the time, but not so much now. This means, a 7 year old today raised on video games and what not might have issues getting into them as they do have their slow parts. I've always really been a fan of "A fist full of...
I never said it was a level of intelligence; honestly a lot of it is the way things are taught which don't allow people to make their own truly informed decisions. Too often in the north is the history taught with an excessive air of moral superiority and a single "we won, they lost, it was all about slavery" view point. Too often in the south is it presented as a "holy war, we're right, they're wrong" with the second coming to still happen. The people that tend...
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG Admittedly, slavery was a terrible reason to exercise this right, but the states should have been allowed to leave nonetheless. If the North wanted to fight to free the slaves I would have supported its position, but it didn't. The North sought only to preserve the Union, and I see no ideological support for this in the theory of the founders. Problem being it's only been in the past 50 years or so that the war...