or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Conrad

Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta Will an engineer or architect tell me... How are they going to build on to the building? How does the glass hold that much weight? Skytower needs the renovation. I went there last summer and you could tell it was a 20 year old attraction. Will go back for this.... The glass of the building in and of itself does not hold the weight, the building structure will. See thos stainless steel discs across...
The real question is what have I done that WASN'T manly
Quote: Originally Posted by crazyquik Unless the Mexican swinemanbearpig flu gets you first. Don't get me started on that bullshit. . ..
Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta Isn't that why there was talk of Internet 2 or whatever it was? Is it true that our current connection systems in all honesty can't handle YouTube and other such sites? The "internet 2", from what I understand, is meant to be a network which takes the internet back to it's academic roots. Keep entertainment on the commercial internet, but have v.2 for research and what not. And yes, it is true...
It's the rate of growth of the use of the internet coupled with the non-growth of the network that carries it. Currently YouTube alone uses as much bandwidth in one month as the entire internet did per year just 9 years ago.
Quote: Originally Posted by crazyquik I recently read online of gun store owners going to Wal-Mart, cleaning them out, and then reselling it in their stores at a higher price. Absolutely. Small dealers can buy ammo at wal-mart below what they can wholesale. They typically don't due to the typically limited selection, but the last 6 months have been fairly unique. Quote: Originally Posted by crazyquik The Ruskies learn...
Quote: Originally Posted by Charley Your analysis seems logical to me. However, it did not work out that way for UAL when the unions got half of that company. In that case they just screwed the bondholders faster. Instead of the stock, they need to get a whole lot of the debt that will be defaulted upon and miss interest payments as thing don't work out. Those are readily measureable and visible, whereas stock value is always based upon some...
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinW I'm surprised foreign manufacturers like Wolf & Bear haven't been able to gear-up production to meet demand fast enough. Wolf specifically halted imports on components, such as primers, temporarily to allow the domestics to sell out, and then release their products at a higher price to fill the gap in demand. Wolf primers sold at $17/1000 in november with domestics selling at $30/1000. Now wolf is...
Some of the major ammunition companies have put out press releases on this. It boils down to 1) 80% of their capacity per year is for military 5.56x45 and 9mm 2) There is a huge run on the remaining 20% right now due to a huge number of new gun owners since November and the hoarding aspect; which they see as a temporary bubble 3) They are running 24/7 with all existing equipment, but will not add equipment due to the capital involved and them seeing this as a short...
W's are unique creatures, there are just too many ways to lay them out to say "all X cylinder W's are balanced". The VW W-12 is naturally balanced as it is two VR6's offset to 60*. Therefore, it acts like a 60* V-12 The original W-12 was the Napier-Lion which was three banks of 4 offset 60*, so it acted like two 60* V-8's which would not produce balance on the second order. As for a W-24, in theory it would have the advantage over a V-12 of balancing on every 30*...
New Posts  All Forums: