or Connect

Posts by UserNameToronto

+1. Fit is actually quite good, and I think you will be happier with a classic solid grey. Well done!
I have 2 fully canvassed suits, and a sport coat.The suits are staples - I've had a plain navy since 2013 what I wear 1x/week. No issues with durability, though I noted durability might be an issue so I bought two pairs of trousers. So far the fabric is holding up well with no signs of wear. I was initially concerned about the Super 140s fabric (I would prefer a 110s for a staple suit), but after 100 wears it's looking good.
We're peas in a pod.
I get the impression they have way, way more business than they can handle. Keeping a shabby shop and being curt with customers is a way of stemming the tide.I also wonder what their tenancy situation is. The shop itself has been there forever, but many shops on Yonge seem to be under threat of redevelopment. There are vast swathes of boarded-up shops further north on Yonge St that formerly housed business no less shabby than Novelty. It would be a shame if they were...
I did suggest you to The Hogtown Rake.
I have the navy hopsack - it's open weave and unlined, and works well in the summer.
Thanks for the background. When I click the link, I get:The URI you submitted has disallowed characters.THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEMWe're sorry, but there's been an error in our system, and we can't complete your request. Please report this error to us, using our feedback system. Thanks!
It's missing.
Just got my dark navy hopsack Benjamin Bella Spalla blazer back from the tailor. Size 36R. I'm 5 foot 11 inches, 155 lbs with narrow shoulders. Tailor had to shorten the sleeves & take in the waist. Thoughts: - My tailor, one of the best in Toronto, was very impressed with the construction. He said it seemed "expensive", and this is a guy who finishes Canalis in Yorkville. - Fabric is medium weight, but it's unlined. I can see right through the hopsack weave so it...
I've had to alter the length of every jacket sleeve I've ever bought, so I'm happy with unfinished sleeves & unattached buttons.