or Connect

Posts by MJC8719x

Quote: Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington There are two main ways to run a college program: 1) The clean way, the way Duke or Michigan State does it where they recruit players who probably won't cause any trouble and comply with rules. MSU - not so much: The Michigan State student newspaper STATE NEWS reports this afternoon that Michigan State football coach Mark Dantonio suspended eight Spartan players indefinitely today as campus...
Bill Simmons and Adam Carolla do a 75 minute podcast about the movie on the BS Report. Pretty interesting.
Also going to be tough getting into med school with a 3.1 science gpa, even with a stellar MCAT.
Hey, Sorry for another simple question, but I have a pair of new standards that I have been wearing for the past three months. Usually wear them with PS Starrs but am looking for some other recommendations on black "dress" shoes that people usually wear with the NS. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by bigasahouse This is definitely not true in my experience. In the hospital I work, there are tons of residents who went to a school in the Carribean, and they said that it is not a big deal at all to be able to practice in the US. And many of them are going on to not just be in internal medicine or family practice residencies, but also radiology, ophthalmology, anesthesiology, and surgery residencies. While it is...
Check out the SDN forums someone else mentioned. They are an excellent resource. You may also want to look into SMP programs, Georgetown has one. If you really want to practice in the US, you need to attend a US medical school. Going to the Carribean or Europe and trying to come back to the US is very difficult. Do not take classes at a Community College. Look into osteopathic schools (D.O.). They tend to like non-trads, have lower avg. GPAs and MCAT and are...
I have one pair of black Paul Smith Kasmin boots, UK size 9.5, for sale. They are brand new and have only been worn once or twice around the house. I am selling them to avoid having to ship them back to the UK. Here is a link to the suede version of the shoes (mine are black leather): http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/paul-smit...roductId=15672 Also, here is a link from a previous thread showing more pictures of the...
Theres Ojen the Tailor in Biovouac downtown. She has hemmed jeans for me before and did a good job, but she can take a while. There is also Lisa's Tailoring on Packard St. I have taken shirts to her to be slimmed, and she has done a good job and is quick but can be pricey.
So, I went and picked up some applications to Borders, Barnes and Noble, J Crew, and a few local restaurants. It has been a long time since I have applied for a job (the lab I worked at first hired me part time back during high school), so would it be customary to attach a resume. My resume, which I have been giving to professors for letters of rec etc., essentially consists of the major activities I was involved in during college, degree, gpa, and then a list of...
Thanks for all the suggestions. I will be looking into a few of them. The suggestion about the Reserves was a good one, but I will be traveling overseas in January for 6 months and then enrolled in medical school. It doesn't really work now, but it is something I am considering in the future. Yes, I am a "scientist" and while I am not "ripped" I am a little better than weak and scrawny. Thanks again.