or Connect

Posts by corskc

I took delivery of their OTC socks recently and am quite impressed with the fit and quality. Customer service is top notch with quick turnaround on email.
Quote: Originally Posted by azlawstudent Unfortunately, I wear EEE width shoes, size 11.5. I've lately taken a liking to the shoes pictured below, which come in a "G" fitting. Would a G fitting be sufficiently wide for me? They really are lovely shoes. These shoes look like to be on the 73 last.... at 11G (UK sizing), I'm afraid they might still be too narrow. The 73 last tend to run abit smaller and narrow compared to their other...
Living in Singapore all my life, and as an eczema sufferer, all I can say is stick to 100% cotton shirts, and ignore the wrinkle free & non-iron stuff. Wear the wrinkles with pride, unless you prefer to feel baked inside. Although almost all offices are air-conditioned, business wear means sans tie for most people, except for certain professions, or appointments within the company. Also, that is to say, almost no suits, except for the most formal occassions... If you...
Quote: Originally Posted by juniper Don't order things online from N&L. Phone them - you get straight through to the shop, and you'll get what you need. The last time I tried to order online, the shopping cart added -10,000 in shipping! The shop has an awful lot more than the website, and they're happy to send it. I don't stay in London, or even UK for that matter, so even if I call them, I would do need to know somehow what they sell in...
Quote: Originally Posted by designerbrit What a situation! All Duchamp shirts are supposed to be 'Made in Britain' (from Italian fabric) though this may well have changed. It would be interesting to know which UK company is stitching for these brands ... I have serious doubts as to whether its an UK company even. Anyway, the QC is incredibly bad, from the various sleeve lengths I get.
I bought some N&L tailored shirts recently, and being new to them, didn't quite know what to expect. In the sale, got 3 for 150 pounds, minus VAT + shipping, looked an ok deal to me. Got the shirts in and the fabric was nice. However, the sleeve lengths were all wrong. Order 34", one came in at 35 1/4", another at 35.5" and last at 36". Furthermore, their illustration of a white poplin shirt don't quite match what I received. What I received was something they don't even...
Am I wrong to say the sleeves look abit too short? Especially if worn with a suit?
Are these the shirts you guys are talking about? http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatS...ection_Id=1052 "Made in China" ???? Ewwww....................
How constant is a person's neck sizing? Supposed I am planning to shed about 10 pounds, does this mean I need a whole new set of dress shirts again for the supposed reduced neck size?
Quote: Originally Posted by Nick V. Based on what you described, the only thing I can think of is the shoe may have still been damp with the cleaner when you applied the polish. If that was the case, the wax polish sealed the damp cleaner inside the pores of the leather. Try this: Insert shoe trees. Get a small can of "Afta" (available in shoe repair shops, some mega stores and, large hardware stores). Use a clean white rag and remove the polish with...