or Connect

Posts by Quirk

Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire You said anyone that cannot rattle off the cases and their rulings is an idiot. No, Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater Anyone who says that you wouldn't remember holdings from cases you learned in high school is an idiot. Let's keep it honest, gentlemen. Carry on.
Unless you're interviewing for a job, the dressiest most college students ever need is a half-decent blazer and a half-decent pair of no-iron khakis, both of which you can get cheap. You shouldn't be spending much time or money on clothes, especially if you're in debt.
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Obama doesn't have one policy that could be considered conservative by anybody. One could say the same of the Republican party.
Do chants of "Jer-RY! Jer-RY! Jer-RY!" now hail Lewis instead of Springer?
Quote: Originally Posted by tiecollector That site linked www.tackyweddings.com... Some of the divorce cakes are pretty good.
Congratulations! Great style, beautiful bride, dashing groom. The last photo is great, but the first shows off the bride better, so I'd tend to lean towards that, though I do find it slightly disconcerting the way your entire body is angled.
Bitchiness. Same as guys.
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad Really? I do. I think some of the characterizations of what happened are greatly exaggerated (based on my limited understanding of the facts), and some of the reactions on the hysterical side. That said, I would hope that -- to the extent the right people are paying attention -- either campaign would be willing to say "you know, there's a surface argument that we'd just be acting within the law by doing X, but it...
Hef always sacks his bunnies... where have you been?
As long as they're enforcing laws that currently exist, presumably intended to protect all candidates regardless of party, I don't see the problem with one campaign or another contacting the prosecutors to request strict enforcement. Of course, they'd be accountable for enforcing the law equally for both candidates. Favoring, lobbying for, or protecting one candidate over another would be a huge problem, but the request itself doesn't strike me as inappropriate.