or Connect

Posts by Quirk

Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano I remember reading an essay several years ago that discussed the correlation between raw intelligence as measured by IQ and achievement and leadership. The author's contention which he supported with research was that there was a fairly low correlation between high intelligence (genius level) and being a good leader. He said that an important element of being a good leader was quickly selecting a course of...
Depends on the situation -- if you're sharing as a favor (e.g., it's raining and you rightfully caught the cab first, but you're letting him ride along so he doesn't get soaked), then it's reasonable (if a tad mercenary) to expect him to pay the full fare to his destination if he gets out first. On the other hand, if it's an attractive woman, well, use your own judgement.
No reason it isn't perfectly workable, as long it's dealt with. If one party is nursing some unexpressed desire, yeah that might make things considerably more difficult, but still not impossible. Depends on a lot of factors: individual personalities, how long you've known each other, how close you are, whether one or both is already in a relationship, yadda-yadda...
Quote: Originally Posted by rdawson808 I love that 44% of the respondents think they're in the top 5%. Hmmmm. Something about that doesn't jive in my head. b Only intelligent people respond? It's like doing a poll of SAT scores. You'd think the National Merit Foundation must be bankrupt.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire I guard that dartboard with my life! Seriously, assumptions, IMO, are the most important part of strategic thinking. Pure reality checks. I would have to agree with this. As Globe's original career strategy example demonstrates, when distilled down from the MBA-babble, at root there's nothing particularly complex or intellectually challenging about strategic thinking -- in my experience, when people...
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy He is proud of his wife. There is nothing wrong with that or his posts. (And my wife didn't make me post this either!) Yeah, as long as she doesn't/wouldn't mind, I see nothing wrong with showing off the better half. She does look a helluva lot like Jamie Lee Curtis in that pasta pic.
Quote: Originally Posted by Slim Portly The missus at 45 years of age. All grandmothers should look this good. Slim Portly is... Christopher Guest?
Arnold's dodge is bizarre -- why wouldn't he say "I treat all women with respect and you should too"? Letters aren't sworn statements, are they?
Quote: Originally Posted by whoopee Some UA pilots are saying that management blindsided them on this announcement. So they will now be less reluctant to chat with passengers, as they do not want to give away more for nothing in return. What a mess of a company. What in this announcement is not already part of their job? They're pissed because management reminded the public about a service they're already supposed to be providng? So now...
Thanks. Turns out, for a college student with no experience, they're promising him some pretty nice coin; plus, if it works out, he may well do this the next few summers too, so in light of that, $150 for Red Wings seems pretty reasonable. But I will let them know there may be cheaper options. Thanks to all.