or Connect

Posts by Quirk

Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 I wouldn't call the United States Naval Academy a "fancy degree" Oh, now I understand what you and Mark From Plano are responding to. My post wasn't specifically comparing McCain and Obama, I was sort of going off on a tangent and just responding theoretically to the very last part of breakz' post "what makes for a good candidate anyway?". If anything, my post could be read as a statement that I don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by breakz I mean what's the alternative? Person A has little experience but is well-educated. Person B is the veteran with a questionable knowledge of issues. Hell, what makes a good president to begin with? Experience and education (i.e., "fancy degree") pale in comparison to intelligence, ethics and sensible ideas.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire It's capacity to convey he backs whatever you do. Unconditional acceptance, as long as it involves HOPE, CHANGE, and class warfare Oh, you mean like blaming those greedy, predatory lenders on Wall Street for picking on those poor souls who simply wanted to live beyond their means like any patriotic American?
I don't see how we can put much trust in these polls/projections at all. Even before Palin, I believed Obama's positives were exaggerated to a statisticantly significant degree because of some voters' reluctance to speak candidly about their objections to Obama. Many non-partisan voters select candidates largely on gut feelings/personality rather than well-considered, elegantly-articulated dissections of policy differences, so without a coherent, concrete rationale to fall...
Quote: Originally Posted by hopkins_student Wait a second, are you fucking kidding me? That's all Obama has going for him. What is so endearing about Obama's personality?
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday Creepy. +1 All it needs is an add-on that automatically drops McCain intendeds from your contact list.
Quote: Originally Posted by m@T actually, I suggested it in jest earlier in this thread, but a thread called "collectED - the best of edmorel" is really not a bad idea. It could however only follow Janthology - the best of JLibourel. As whacked remembers every post ever made by every person in the history of Styleforum, and has a blackbelt in the search function, I nominate him to start them both. I will happily ferret anything you guys want to see...
His jacket's about 2 sizes too big. He probably has his oversized pants riding low too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Magician Essentially yes. This is a really interesting and complex area. Strong hypnosis definitely requires the participant being willing and wanting it to work. You can hypnotize a skeptic because many skeptics enjoy magic and hypnosis and allow it to happen - but if you have someone staunchly not wanting it to work it probably won't. I use a gentler technique, a sort of applied hypnosis, that many magicians refer to as...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Because, starting with Quirk, moving into LawyerDad, it seemed that to use anything other than the exact phrase you did was not "honest" (to quote Quirk). So I'm easy to get along with, I kept using that exact phrase and referenced it when other people starting to pile on. It's an easy point to stipulate to, as it in no way changed my belief/position, that people tend to forget shit from high school. All my...