or Connect

Posts by Quirk

Of course it's just TV, so you have to accept implausibilties in the name of dramatic license, even a VP calling the shots on a major terrorist assassination operation (have we even seen so much as a photo of POTUS, or know if he/she is male or female?) But having POTUS in absentia for the VP's memorial service? Crazy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Pelosi looks tasty today. Ugh. Relax, after a suitable mourning period, Joanne Woodward will be available. Much better choice.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria "That's why I can stand here today. Because somebody stood up when it was hard; stood up when it was risky." - Barack Obama Last night, Biden stood up when it was hard. Good thing he was behind a podium.
NM, misread the post I was rebutting.
Shit, that's a scary thought: an annoying idiot woman that close to the Presidency? Are you sure?
Quote: Originally Posted by breakz Okay Naval Academy is tough. But didn't McCain finish in the bottom 5 of a class of like 900? That sounds equivalent to Bush's "gentleman's C" at Yale. You could argue that the worst of the very best is still far better than the rest.
Besides being a disgusting thing to do to someone you supposedly care about, cheating is more trouble than it's worth, so I would guess that most of those who cheat are after the thrill of it and/or working out some really screwed up emotional shit. Therapy is the preferred route, IMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark from Plano Fixed That For You. Ah, so not "Fuck That, Fuck You", then? Geez, I suck at acronym interpretation. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by NoVaguy FTFY Yikes! I meant "Mavrick"! Golly, some of you guys' fancy educations must be turnin' me into a Eastern elite! Jeepers! What does FTFY mean? All this Styleforum insider lingo is just so new to me. When I first started seeing people respond "QFT", I had to try to guess from context what it meant. And even after it clicked that what it really meant was "quoted for truth", I still can't help reading it,...
Pre-emptive self-deletion. Weak joke.