or Connect

Posts by Quirk

Sad. I must watch "The Hustler" soon, the only PN film I own, and I've never even seen it all the way through. Not many old-school legends left now. Liz Taylor is the only one that comes to mind.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 but Mercedes was a first name before it was a car brand. It's still a pretty common name in some Spanish-speaking countries Mercedes rules!
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander Thanks for the condolences. I wasn't close to the guy, but it's always sad when someone you know of passes away. I ended u wearing my midnight blue tie and black shoes. I'm glad I did, I felt more comfortable. It was a close casket, so I couldn't throw one of my business cards into the coffin. No, give the card the funeral director; whatever he buys from you, he'll sell at a 90% markup,...
I find it frustrating talking to someone via cell for any length of time. Reception is often an issue, regardless of carrier, but much is also due to the fact that people are talking into phones the size of Triscuit wafers while multi-tasking, and they don't consistently direct their voices into the mic accurately. I can't have a conversation with someone on a cellphone for more than 5 minutes without my blood pressure rising.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sebastian Forget the human rights, his biggest crime is obviously the overmatching of tie and square!! That's actually sort of interesting, in that the pocket silk's pattern seems to be an inversion of the tie's. But yeah, overmatched.
Quote: Originally Posted by tiecollector Wait, was Jack from Threes Company gay? It never occurred to me when I was kid, but my god.... it all makes sense now. Mr. Furley was probably gay, though this was never made explicit. Jack was only pretending to be gay so the prudish landlord Mr. Roper (and later, Mr. Furley) wouldn't have a problem with him shacking up with two women. I don't even recall Jack wearing ascots, but I remember that Furley...
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara I just finished Season Two. The final episode (Two Cathedrals) is the best hour of television I've seen in a long time. "Have I displeased you, you feckless thug?" Classic.
jazz piano; elementary physics; the St. Crispin's Day speech from Henry V -- just cuz.